Thoughts on LIDO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propsarebest

OK, does anyone else here use LIDO for their charts and plates? We have been using them here at EZ since May, and although they at first were a little weird, i must say that I like them WAY better than Jepp. Anyone care to comment?

They are VERY colorful, and the enroute charts are MUCH easier to read.

Discuss.

we've been using them for over a year now and i still can't stand them. you have to look at 3 different charts to find the information that's on a single jepp chart. now we're testing the lido flight planning system. i hate it also. jepp is an all around superior product.

I completly agree with ss9e! We used to have them at B6 and after a few months with LIDO they went back to Jepps. There were many instances that we found there were missing Fixes on the enroute charts, we hated them! It was definitively a waste of money!

Yea, we have found a couple of missing fixes, especially in the middle east...
It seems that wherever LH doesn't fly, the info is kind of spotty.

Lido though, has been very helpful. A call to the Nort American rep will get it fixed in the next revision. I forgot the guys name, but he is based in MEM(shocker).

The crews like not having to carry around all the jepps. We keep a set on each airplane.

There's too many typo errors on the Lido charts. VOR freqs being incorrect for example. They need more attention to detail. You'd think Germans would be more inclined to get this kind of stuff correct.

we've been using them for over a year now and i still can't stand them. you have to look at 3 different charts to find the information that's on a single jepp chart. now we're testing the lido flight planning system. i hate it also. jepp is an all around superior product.

How is the testing going for the flight planning system? What is the general opinion?

How is the testing going for the flight planning system? What is the general opinion?

I am interested in this also.

Where I am at now, we use Jepp Jet Planner/Ops Control and I think it sux due to the intense amount of manual data entry and "busy work". It's like reinventing the wheel everyday. The regional I was previously at used Sabre and everything was point-and-click. I lost my typing skills as they were not required.

My current airline is looking at LIDO and I wonder if anyone knows how they compare.

the powers that be are already sold. the dispatchers that have tested it seem to like it except for the interface.

Yea, we have found a couple of missing fixes, especially in the middle east...
It seems that wherever LH doesn't fly, the info is kind of spotty.

Lido though, has been very helpful. A call to the Nort American rep will get it fixed in the next revision. I forgot the guys name, but he is based in MEM(shocker).

The crews like not having to carry around all the jepps. We keep a set on each airplane.

Dude I still have that damn surround sound and Xbox you made me buy. I heard that proofreading for these charts was outsourced to Mexico.

Latest resources

Back