Thoughts go out to AA pilots and their families

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G200_PILOT

I stopped posting here a long time ago but I wanted to let you guys know that there are a lot of us here that feel really terrible about what's happened this week. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and your families. I can only hope that the supposed "pilot shortage" that many have been talking about will benefit all of you. I'm a strong believer in "things happen for a reason" but when the paycheck stops, you have to wonder what that reason is. Keep your heads up and keep the faith.

Regards.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

"AvantAir" is no longer in operation. All employees were let go and to make matters even worse, they were told that this week's paycheck a weren't going to be there.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Right now, the majority of us are circling the wagons and trying to coordinate the paying of bills over the next month or two. Thanks for the kind words, everybody. Nobody saw this coming, which is why some of us are so f-ed. I've got mouths to feed, which is why a little warning would have been nice.

Rumored pilot shortage better kick in, and quick!

edit to add: Guess I'd better come up with a new avatar, huh?!?!

Right now, the majority of us are circling the wagons and trying to coordinate the paying of bills over the next month or two. Thanks for the kind words, everybody. Nobody saw this coming, which is why some of us are so f-ed. I've got mouths to feed, which is why a little warning would have been nice.

Rumored pilot shortage better kick in, and quick!

edit to add: Guess I'd better come up with a new avatar, huh?!?!

Aft,

Are you serious?? I hope you started saving money and firing off resumes after the 1st shutdown. If you didn't you buddy need to put down the.kool-aid, take off the rose colored glasses and join us in the real world. You had plenty of wa warning!!I hope the rest of you prepared for this inevitable outcome. I feel for all of you and your families. Your all professionals and will end up on your feet...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back