• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thoughts go out to AA pilots and their families

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If people are interested in the airline route, I know for a fact that both Spirit and JB are hiring fractional pilots. Spirit is growing fast and they are expanding their pilot bases. Obviously the legacies are currently or just starting to ramp-up too. Sounds like TMC might be hiring consistently as well if you prefer the 135 lifestyle.

Best of luck guys/gals!!! Shame that I won't be hearing those great P180 engines from miles away for awhile....

Aft,

Are you serious?? I hope you started saving money and firing off resumes after the 1st shutdown. If you didn't you buddy need to put down the.kool-aid, take off the rose colored glasses and join us in the real world. You had plenty of wa warning!!I hope the rest of you prepared for this inevitable outcome. I feel for all of you and your families. Your all professionals and will end up on your feet...

Yes sir, I'm serious. When the Company that I've dedicated myself and my family to tells me that business-as-usual will continue, that's what I'm going to believe. I underestimated who I was dealing with, and that's entirely my fault.

I'm never going to turn into one of those cynical, "Management is out to fvck me" whining pilot biatches. Maybe naively, I'm going to continue to believe what my leadership tells me. Grew up in a military family, served myself. "Don't question what my superiors tell me" is what I was taught growing up, and by-and-large it's worked for me professionally. Not this time, though.

Thank goodness I have a month or two worth of savings to fall back on. Things are going to work out, one way or the other. Thanks to you, and everyone else, for your kind wishes...

I can't think of one airline/frac management team that you can trust. When it hits the fan they go running for their parachutes while the line guys/gals take a huge hit that are just trying to survive. If you could trust your leadership there would be no need for unions (even though unions are limited in what they can do). This is a lesson to all kool aid drinkers, watch out for number one, because no one else is.

Aft,

Are you serious?? I hope you started saving money and firing off resumes after the 1st shutdown. If you didn't you buddy need to put down the.kool-aid, take off the rose colored glasses and join us in the real world. You had plenty of wa warning!!I hope the rest of you prepared for this inevitable outcome. I feel for all of you and your families. Your all professionals and will end up on your feet...

There's a time and a place.... It ain't now.

If anybody is interested in coming to ExpressJet we are hiring for the foreseeable future. Send me a PM and I will give anybody any help that I can. First year pay sucks, but its a pay check and second year pay is tolerable. Our contract is also pretty decent with good health care(for now) and a good 401k.

If anybody is interested in coming to ExpressJet we are hiring for the foreseeable future. Send me a PM and I will give anybody any help that I can. First year pay sucks, but its a pay check and second year pay is tolerable. Our contract is also pretty decent with good health care(for now) and a good 401k.

I don't work for Avantair, but that's pretty cool (commuter guy trying to help) you guys have your own set of problems to worry about and you're here helping man. that's cool bro

Right now, the majority of us are circling the wagons and trying to coordinate the paying of bills over the next month or two. Thanks for the kind words, everybody. Nobody saw this coming, which is why some of us are so f-ed. I've got mouths to feed, which is why a little warning would have been nice.

Rumored pilot shortage better kick in, and quick!

edit to add: Guess I'd better come up with a new avatar, huh?!?!

look at EJM man, not sure what your background is but send them a resume before the rest of your comprades do

Well I have been furloughed before and I got help from some people who didnt know me at all so I figure I owe somebody something. I also know we(XJT) had some guys go to AvantAir in the past couple years and the couple AvantAir guys I met over the past couple years have always been super nice guys(cant say that for all the fractional guys I have met).

While you guys continue to look for new flying opportunities don't overlook other jobs outside of aviation. The pilots I have met at Avantair have always been friendly, articulate, have great customer service, patient, and hard working. To do what you do you must be organized, analytical, work long hours, travel, and change what you are doing at a moments notice. These are skills and personality traits in high demand throughout the Corporate World. It is how you put that information into a resume that companies can understand. It is the challenge that people coming out of the military have as well.

Look for young companies that aren't as hierarchal. You can always leave a job if you find a flying opportunity, or convince the owner to buy a plane when the business grows.

Latest resources

Back