• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Those funny leather jackets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok so the guy has 3 sets of boards on... big deal you only see one set at a time. The issue I have with the leather jackets is they are worthless for keeping you warm. That IS the primary purpose of a coat. And yes I have worked at charter companies that used the Perrone leather coat, and yes we wore stripes on the coat and shirt... AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Sounds like a Blue Pilot. They give us the pleather version of the Perrone now. It feels like you are wearing a cardboard jacket for about 6 months. They don't even issue us blazers so unless we want to dump a couple hundred bucks on one, the leather is the only option. The sweater runs about $40 so most get that to keep warm in the NE and on long transcons. Boards are required on both if you have them so this guy is just being a good employee and following the uniform policy. Looks better than some slobs who have wrinkled, dirty, and smelly shirts with some windbreaker they got for free at the bank when they signed up for a checking account.

My brother-in-law has a nice leather jacket (in my opinion). The jacket is about mid length (halfway between the knee and thigh). He is not a pilot so no room for the stripes (thank goodness). Also with it being mid length none of that crappy elastic crap that bunches the waist up. And best of all....it does not look plastic. cya

some time you do what you got to do i remember one time i went with out my epaulets and had to call out sick pull my back out huffing so many bags but i think it was pushing the wide load wheel chair up the jet way that did it. i never do that again now i keep a spare set in my pocket just in case

Holy Cow! Where to start?

Okay... sentences start with capitalized letter and end with a period, or a question mark if you are asking a question. This is a good way to organize your thoughts. If you have a different thought, put a space between the sentences, this is called a paragraph.

Good luck.

OK so I am sitting at the gate waiting on flight home. Up walks a pilot from another airline with a leather jacket on. Now Personally I do not like the leather jacket look but what the heck. Anyway this pilot has his epaulets on the outside..(as many do...again not a choice I would make) He takes off the jacket and is wearing one of those pilot sweaters. He has his epaulets on the sweater as well. It is a warm day and I am dying to see if he rips off the sweater so I can see if he will have a third pair of epaulets on his shirt.

Well lo and behold he does...and sure enough he has on a total of 3 pairs of epaulets! Sorry I just have to call dork on that one.
This post is why we ought to have a public flogging of knuckleheads that get on here and think they have a ligit complaint about something. GET A LIFE !

it's not a Flightinfo regional thread unless some says......

CRJ-900

....now this thread is a total waste, :)

it's not a Flightinfo regional thread unless some says......

CRJ-900

....now this thread is a total waste, :)

Not so fast. Mesa sucks, Chuck Norris, General Lee. I think we can wrap up this useless thread now.

Latest resources

Back