Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Those Crazy Sweedish Dash Drivers! (gear collapse)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually I started the thread/video, but it was not with regards to insult!(more in awe of how strong the bird was). The insult to the crew came in with the first reply to my post.
I apologize, you're correct - it was the reply to your post and not your thread that was insulting to the SAS pilots.

It's amazing how often pilots seem to jump to conclusions regarding other pilots possible mistakes before the FAA, the media and others attempt to look into the facts. Instead of pilots supporting other pilots many of us seem to be our worst enemies. :(

As far as the gender of Russian - I got it from some of her previous posts and then had it confirmed by someone who claims she knows her.

I didn't mention her gender in a disparaging way, I'd have felt exactly the same way if a guy had trashed other pilots before the NTSB had a chance to look into the accident (in Denmark I believe it's Luftfartstilsynet).

Actually I started the thread/video, but it was not with regards to insult!(more in awe of how strong the bird was). The insult to the crew came in with the first reply to my post. Personally, after many,many years of flying the dash 8's (100's,200's &300's). I think the SAS pilots did a nice job with out further compounding the emergency. (as was suggested here) For being a little turbo prop the Dash has some pretty complicated ("intricate" & "unique" maybe better words) systems and miss managing them will bite you. Question for the rest of the posters here; how was it determined that Ruskie was or is a female? (I'm just curious not chauvinistic..... I'll fly with a chimpanzee if it does it's job right and follows policy). Some interesting things came about from this post and I want to thank everyone for the entertainment value of it.

Happy self induced dual engine failure/shut down landings to everyone!

;)
Kidding of course,
Capt. Z
Right. If these responders had paid attention, they would have noticed that you took no part in starting the conversation that ensued. Yeah, I guess I could have been a little nicer with the original bash! Too bad for them, I just think they could have done better. We need to remember that analyzing a post accident result is an important way to learn from other's mistakes.

Thanks for the entertainment. Thanks to the guys that could carry on a civil conversation. Finally, thanks to those who could see past their emotions and get what I was saying. Heck, that must be hard since I don't even know what I am saying sometimes! J/K!

Take care all.

I apologize, you're correct - it was the reply to your post and not your thread that was insulting to the SAS pilots.

Accepted, but not necessary.

I just wanted to keep things straight.

It's amazing how often pilots seem to jump to conclusions regarding other pilots possible mistakes before the FAA, the media and others attempt to look into the facts. Instead of pilots supporting other pilots many of us seem to be our worst enemies. :(

Very true, it pisses me off every time there's an incident.....

As far as the gender of Russian - I got it from some of her previous posts and then had it confirmed by someone who claims she knows her.

I didn't mention her gender in a disparaging way, I'd have felt exactly the same way if a guy had trashed other pilots before the NTSB had a chance to look into the accident (in Denmark I believe it's Luftfartstilsynet).

I know you were not gender bashing, I put the part in there about the monkey because I didn't want others to think I was. I was not implying that you had either. I had and have the pleasure of flying with many above average lady pilots as Capt's, Fo's and students. Sometimes it's even nicer to fly with someone that doesn't purposely let them rip in the "office" and also looks and smells nice! :D

good night thread.......

This thread is ri-god-dam-diculous. And I only got to page 3.
It is - until you've been in an emergency situation yourself and then another pilot (one who knows nothing about the true circumstances, the procedures, equipment, etc.) accuses you of “being very unprofessional.” Then it's not so ridiculous anymore.

In my view, pilots should stand up for each other, not ridicule or slander each other. I agree with Russians idea of learning from each others mistakes – I just disagree with the approach she took – that’s all.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back