Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

learflyer

Time to drill Congress!
Should I be lucky enough to be hired there.....I was planning on driving to KFLL. do the trips always start out of KFLL, or anywhere in south Fl? If so, If I drive to Kfll on day one, and on my last day, wind up in say mia, am I responsible to get my car? Do you sometimes airline out of your domicile?

What is the required show time on day one again? thanks.

If they airline you out of one airport, say FLL, and you end up in MIA, they will pay for a sedan service to FLL for you. They also pay for parking while your car sits at FLL. Showtime is 1 hour for a domestic flight. You will be doing ALOT of airlining here.

The FLL domicile also includes PBI, MIA, BCT, FXE, OPF, TMB, HST, and PMP. You can start/finish your tour at any one of those airports. If you return to a different airport then where you started the company pays for transportation back to the starting airport. You are responsible to get yourself in position at your domicile by 0001 on the first day. You'll be notified the day before what the plan for Day 1 is, and as always that's subject to change. Plan on airlining 75% or more of the time to meet a plane, and occasionally picking one up at one of the airports in your domicile. Peace.

what airports are included for the dfwbase?thanks!

Hopefully that "subject to change" on the first day is about to change; won't know until we get the new rules in the mail this week. If that IS the change, alot of crewmembers that live out of their base will be REALLY happy.

Every airport in the metroplex is included in the DFW base, supposedly if its within 30 minutes of driving but, sometimes they send you to Denton. That's happened to me a few times.

Last edited:
Denton is not a gateway airport, and you are not required to report there. A buddy of mine got the call for a DTO departure the 1st day and sched was trying to tell him that he had to show there. A quick call to the FODM resolved the issue and he was basically asked where he wanted the sedan to pick him up.

Some of our new scheds don't know the FOM, so make sure you hold them to it. The ACP's and CP will back you 100%. If people start accpeting assignments to airports not in the gateway, we all could end up being expected to do it. It doesn't matter if the airport is 10 miles outside the gateway or 500, you are not required to report there.

Should I be lucky enough to be hired there.....I was planning on driving to KFLL. do the trips always start out of KFLL, or anywhere in south Fl? If so, If I drive to Kfll on day one, and on my last day, wind up in say mia, am I responsible to get my car? Do you sometimes airline out of your domicile?

What is the required show time on day one again? thanks.

Lear..WOW hope you realize how far of a drive that is! Now we had a guy who lived in ATL and commuted to FLL but he flew in the night before, crashed at Sheltair then had Flex fly him back to ATL when his rotation ended. From what he says there has only been a few times where he finished in South Fla and had to buy a ticket back home.
So I hope this helps.

Bailey

Latest resources

Back