Don't hassle the Hoff
Position: Merlin First Officer
Company: Woodstead Aviation
Contact Name: M J McIntire
Address: 1733 Woodstead Ct, Ste. 100
City State Zip: The Woodlands, TX 77380
Email: [email protected]
Date: 27 Apr 2004

Houston Area Merlin Copilot Applications are being accepted for qualified pilots with turbine experience. Our Houston Hooks Based Corporation currently operates a Merlin IIIB and is planning on adding a second. Members of our copilot pool will receive priority consideration for pilot positions in our future aircraft. We are also accepting resumes for non-compensated copilots interested in gaining turbine experience. Candidates must have at least a multi-engine commercial certificate and a class II medical. Interested pilots should submit a resume with a cover letter to [email protected]

Posted on findapilot.com. That might be the worst job offer I've ever read. They are actually offering turbine work for free!!!!! What a he11 of a company!!!! No pay.......you gotta be kidding me.

Just had to vent, FD75

yup, this horse was whipped to a pulp way back when...

We are also accepting resumes for non-compensated copilots interested in gaining turbine experience. Candidates must have at least a multi-engine commercial certificate and a class II medical. Interested pilots should submit a resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
Ahaaa.... I love it... Sad thing is that they could probably even "rent" the right seat out for the experience and some would probably bite ala Eagle Jet Intl. Wait till they see this potential opportunity.:D

3 5 0

Didn't mean to continue an old thread......I didn't know there was one on this all ready. It just blows me away how low our industry is trying/has gone. Sad.

FD75

Freightdog75 said:
Didn't mean to continue an old thread......I didn't know there was one on this all ready. It just blows me away how low our industry is trying/has gone. Sad.

FD75
This industry has always been like this. Funny thing is, these guys that will pay for right seat time or work for free are the same guys that will be your "union brother" at the regionals. They view regional time as "interning", but once reality hits and they see 5-7 year upgrades, they become the loudest on the "hey, they oughta do a news story about how sorry regional FO pay is!" bandwagon.

Another way to look at it is, "who dares, wins!". As long as there are people looking to take the shortest point from A to B, there will be operators willing to cash in. It's not the operators fault that greedy people want to log time. I'm sure if you found a gas station willing to give you free gas for your car, you wouldn't go pay 2.25 a gallon at the place up the street.

It's pilots themselves that create these situations, operators just take advantage of it.

I suggest you all read the thread JB74 linked too. Pay particular attention to mjmcint's replies.

Latest resources

Back