• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This is why the last payrates offered by NJA were "insulting."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QUOTE] It is also not uncommon for someone on their first day that has to drive several hours to their gateway, to call in fatigued before ever doing any work...[/QUOTE]

uummm gotta love the spin from the company. This was allready settled with the company and the union. But the truth will never tell you that part.

Diesel said:
QUOTE] It is also not uncommon for someone on their first day that has to drive several hours to their gateway, to call in fatigued before ever doing any work..

uummm gotta love the spin from the company. This was allready settled with the company and the union. But the truth will never tell you that part.

How is this spin when it still occurs?

Don't hate me because I tell the TRUTH. Hate the game, don't hate the players.

TheTruthCMH said:
How is this spin when it still occurs?

Don't hate me because I tell the TRUTH. Hate the game, don't hate the players.

The TRUTH is that Five-year Citation X Captains should not be earning $55-60K per year. Falcon 2000 FOs should not be earning $33K per year. NJA views its pilots purely as commodities and not as team players. The truth is that NJA will be a great place to be FROM...

On Your Six -- this may sound like a blend of both positions.

It is called supply and demand. As long as pilots accept those jobs at $33K, they are also viewing themselves "purely as commodities". It will take both the pilots (all pilots not just the pilots currently flying for NJA) and NJA to resolve this one.

Fly safe.

On Your Six said:
The TRUTH is that Five-year Citation X Captains should not be earning $55-60K per year. Falcon 2000 FOs should not be earning $33K per year. NJA views its pilots purely as commodities and not as team players. The truth is that NJA will be a great place to be FROM...

The TRUTH is that you are correct. I don't disagree with you that Citation X/Falcon 2000 pilots (only using them as an example because On your Six mentioned only those two groups) at NJA should be paid more. If you go back through all of my posts I have never denied that the pay should be adjusted, I just don't agree with the manner that some are going about trying to make their points. I don't think STFD is doing ANYONE any good, especially the owners, our bread and butter for those that forget.

I will ask you the same question I have posted at least twice now (without a response). How do you respond in the interview at company Z when they say "so, are you one of the STFD guys I read about on Flightinfo.com?" There are those that will come back and tell me that guys are leaving and haven't been asked that question yet, but we haven't STFD'd NJA yet... So, if (hopefully it won't) it ever came to that, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that question is asked.

Last edited:
gunfyter said:
Truth

Why don't you ask the hiring committee at NJA what they said when they hired the same exact people who ran the Strikes at UAL and other airlines.

Did NJA not ask those questions?

That is a very good point gunfyter and I would hope those that hire here at NJA would have considered it while doing their interviews. It seems pretty obvious that NJA ended up hiring a few of them. But should NJA get STFD'd, this would certainly be a tough question to answer. As some have pointed out on these boards that aren't employed by NJA, they don't want anything to do with these types of people. Some have already left for bigger and better, but if this place gets shut down those pilots left will face this question ("so, are you one of the STFD pilot's?).

Nice wreath by the way, are you implying anything? Just more of those subliminal messages huh?

Last edited:
Good point CMH. These STFD guys also should remember that the aviation community is very small. Like the old saying, " your co-pilot may one day become your chief pilot.
If your flying with an STFD guy, who is just completely anti-company and eventually he gets his way, we all end up on the street, he may have a difficult time trying to find a good job. Good guys will go to good company's and eventually work their way up the ladders where they have to answer to top management about their flight ops. So an x STFD guy you flew with at NJA comes to you, as a chief pilot, looking for a job. How would ANYONE handle that situation?? ARE YOU CRAZY DUDE!! SEE YA!!

I forget who wrote it on this board, but it's great advice:

"Never work for a company that makes its money flying airplanes."

CapnVegetto said:
I forget who wrote it on this board, but it's great advice:

"Never work for a company that makes its money flying airplanes."

That's a good quote, however it doesn't really apply to this sitaution. NJA does not make money.

How's about 'Never work for a company that doesn't make money flying airplanes'?

SG

Latest resources

Back