This happen to anyone ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lrjtcaptain said:
Not just a loose closing loop. That bag came right out of the BOC without hesitation. Mine is so dang tight Its never coming out. The only way it comes out is with my huge guns on my arms...JK. That would scare the Sh......t out of me.

The bag came out of the container, then pulled the PC out of the BOC pouch. He had a horseshoe for a very short period of time. Chances are he dislodged the pin on the ride to altitude and as soon as some air caught the flaps, the bag came out.

I've seen pins dislodged many times. That's a good reason to get a pin check BEFORE the door is opened at altitude. I ALWAYS check my pins before we get anywhere near jumprun, and check it a couple more times before the door opens. It's pretty easy to reach back and feel the pin, feel the circle on the pin where the bridle attaches, and make sure the closing loop goes around the pin(curved on BOC, straight on ripcord or pullout) right by the bridle attach point(cable attach point on RC or pullout)...and nearest the cable end on the reserve(straight) pin. Newbies need to get somebody to visually check their pin....but as you gain experience you will learn how to feel it. Of course, don't take this to mean that asking somebody for a pin check is "uncool"....even the Golden Knights get pin checks from each other before the door is opened.

I have never personally witnessed a premature deployment in the aircraft(but have seen a few in freefall), but I have seen somebody get up after leaning back on their rig and the D-bag fall out of the container. Luckily, the door was not open, and we solved the problem before it was opened. I've also seen PC's floating around outside their pouch...before and after the door opened....but in all cases they were contained(and the door closed immediately) and problem solved.

I, personally, jumped pullouts for many years due to these types of issues, as well as premature deployment possibility in freefall. I now have one rig with BOC, and one pullout...with no problems from either.

Latest resources

Back