• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of Netjets and ..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taking care of the plane and pax is the CREW'S responsibility.

I can't see having an hour to eat while my partner is out there cleaning or doing Jepps. If we both get in there and do what has to be done then we both get 45 minutes.

Now, given the tight quarters of the cabin it is sometimes difficult for 2 guys to clean in the back, but one can clean and the other can get stock or do something to prep for the next flight.

Its mainly about establishing a routine on how and when to do stuff.

Taking care of the plane and pax is the CREW'S responsibility.

I can't see having an hour to eat while my partner is out there cleaning or doing Jepps. If we both get in there and do what has to be done then we both get 45 minutes.

Now, given the tight quarters of the cabin it is sometimes difficult for 2 guys to clean in the back, but one can clean and the other can get stock or do something to prep for the next flight.

Its mainly about establishing a routine on how and when to do stuff.

This is the way it ought to be, and works the best.

CA1900,

You think I have misconceptions about the job huh? How long have you been flying fractional? Less than a year?? I've got more time in the lav in this industry than you have in the right seat. Don't preach about how good you have it until you've drank the kool-aid a little longer son.

In in year 12 at Netjets. I been here too long to drink out of the kool-aid bowl...But I absolutely love my job...when I'm there.

Now go back and clean the lav son.

Will a 737 type do anything for me at NJA? How does the commute work with NJA?

Do you expect to fly a 737 at NJLA?

Commute? Perfect to not very well to absolutel nightmare depending on how far you live from the Domicile.

This is one of the HUGE reasons that F/Os are hard to keep for NJA.

The issue is being addressed by contract negotiations currently. The better the offer is from the company, the more they cared about the issue.

If they offer anything that detracts from current HBA rights, I'd look for a big fat NO vote from most.

"Interest Based Bargaining will be WIN WIN". We've all heard it from both sides...

"Win/Win" in this current round of negotiations means the pilots WIN by getting a rediculous amount of choices to base from and WIN for the company means, well, the company can grow to a rediculous size becasue F/Os won't continue to type and bail a yuear later as the commute grows on them like QOL gangrene.

That's a win win.

Last edited:
I'm hurrying as fast as I can!

I hate waiting for the F.O. to get the aircraft covered up so we can go to the hotel! Sheesh!

We are a team, I hate waiting in the FBO!

Lets work together! With my worn out back, it's a necessity.

Most all of my Cpts in the HAwker have been great!

I hope my FO's feel the same. If not tough ********************!

HAHAHAHHAHAA (Just kidding)

Don't come here unless you want to make 40,000 as an FO for a long time, it's not worth it.

Quite the change of heart from your earlier position. What changed?

I've been at NetJets 2 years and I'm not making to much less than their airbus captains and I'm right seat in the ultra. Of course my income includes holiday pay and overtime. Wow I guess I'll just keep flying my small airplane and when I upgrade in a year I'll make more the an airbus captain in the left seat of an ultra. But hey I don't get to fly an airbus though.

And let's not forget the thousands of dollars in annual health care benefits you crow about, too.

Hey, you're miserable and you're senior to me. Probably time to move on, then.

Don't come here unless you want to make 40,000 as an FO for a long time, it's not worth it.

Allen1, what's going on? You don't like working at the best fractional in the world, or at the company with the best job securtiy in the aviation industry?

I don't mean to be rude but, I've been reading your posts, and it sounds like someone needs to go back to the airlines.

I'm an FO and I agrea that FO pay is low at NJA, but I knew that going into the game, and I also know that our union is doing the best they can to change that.

We have a lot of good things at this company. How about you start paying hundreds a month for your healthcare, start sleeping in comfort inns, and starve through out the day without your crew food. How about going back to having only 10 days off a month and limited vacation time?

Netjets is the best thing out there and if you can't handle the initial pay, slow upgrade times, or flying "small" airplanes, I suggest moving on.

Once, again, I'm sorry for the assult, but I don't like fellow work mates ripping on "our" company.

Allen,

Clearly you are not happy at Netjets. If you need to fly a scarebus to feel good about yourself, Skybus, Jet Blue, Virgin America, USA 3000 and other Airbus operators are hiring (even United and NWA). Do yourself a favor and make a change.

Latest resources

Back