• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of Netjets and ..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Believe me, I am far from that type of pilot.

Diesel can certainly atest to that fact.

But there was a time here when some guys used to do that along with insisting that ALL pax leg be flown from the left seat because....."That's what the owners expect."

Believe me, I am far from that type of pilot.

Diesel can certainly atest to that fact.

But there was a time here when some guys used to do that along with insisting that ALL pax leg be flown from the left seat because....."That's what the owners expect."

Cool. Can I suggest a smiley next time? Hard to read sarcasm, and it made you look pretty bad.

Will a 737 type do anything for me at NJA? I've got an app in at SWA, but they're on a freeze. I live in FL and don't want to move. How does the commute work with NJA?

Will a 737 type do anything for me at NJA? I've got an app in at SWA, but they're on a freeze.

If that's where you really want to work, then I'd shoot for that first. NJA is a very different kind of work from airline work. Just be aware of that.

To answer your question, though, I don't think it'll help or hurt your chances here. They're focused primarily on customer service abilities, and being able to come up with creative solutions to issues that come up on the road.

I live in FL and don't want to move. How does the commute work with NJA?
You find out by 6pm before your first work day what time you have to show up in PBI. How you get there is up to you. Note that we don't have jumpseat agreements with anybody, so don't plan on free airlines rides to get to work.

For shorter distances (I live in central FL), most of us just drive the rountrip every two weeks. For longer distances, some guys will buy cheap airline tickets well in advance (on the 7/7 schedule, obviously), and stay the night before work.

I've had shows as early as 5:30am, so the first flight in the morning isn't something I'd plan on. Most of my shows have been around 8am, but I've had earlier ones. For the super-early ones, I'll come down the night before and stay in a hotel.

Will a 737 type do anything for me at NJA? I've got an app in at SWA, but they're on a freeze. I live in FL and don't want to move. How does the commute work with NJA?

Having a 737 type won't really help but it won't hurt either. As has been previously stated, if you meet the minimums and want to work here, apply. If you can get an internal letter of recommendation, that's also a plus.

As for commuting, you select your domicile (there are currently 5: PBI, CMH, TEB, DAL and LAX) and you report there at the assigned time on your first duty day. On the last day of your tour, the company is responsible for getting you back to your domicile within 14 hours of duty or they pay you extra as a penalty (currently 2 days at the extended-day rate.)

The current CBA is available online if you want to know about pay, vacation, etc. You can easily find it via a search.

It will not get you in the BBJ, if that is what you are asking. An excel type will not necessarily get you an excel either.

Apply to both. SWA will hire again when the calendar rolls over. Both are about a 6 month hiring timeline. YMMV. Different jobs, but both are good companies.

bonne chance

Last edited:
Guys...I agree with 82 and with the rest of ya. I do believe that the tone of the cockpit is set by BOTH pilots and either one can make it a long week. As I see it, I go beyond what I need to do for NJ, our valued guests, and my CA. I do not mind taking great care of the plane since I hate dirt, cleaning is a way of life for me..:) I have NO problem setting up the FMS, and cockpit, cleaning the plane, stocking the inventory, and loading the bags. I think the CA should be greeting the guests, dealing with weather and maintenance issues, and making sure we have the fuel to not fall out of the sky. It is a total team here and I love the guys I fly with. My only beef is that I wish the pay was more but I did take the job knowing what i was so I never complain on the road...only here..:) I like to take care of my captains so long as they take care of me later..;) (just teasing)...geeeez.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back