• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Things seem quite at ASA what's up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting deeper and deeper into the dark pit that is contract negotiations and the two MECs can't even get along./QUOTE]

I am confused, where did you hear this? Last I heard, the MEC's were playing nice with each other, and on the same page with current issues being negotiated. I have heard it is the company that is stonewalling the entire process now. They have been stuck on crap like Foriegn Flying because of the company for some time. They are not even to the stuff that is really important in the contract, and the company is already slowing things down....wow. So they want the merger done, but they do not want to negotiate to get it done. From an ALPA rep at XJT, ASA management walked in thinking this would go quick, and offered up a turd of an opener at the negotiations. Once the company got an idea of what the pilot group is looking for, then actually realized the pilots were serious, they quickly change their approach to the meetings and started slowing the process. Guess getting the merger done to create those savings must not be so important.

Getting deeper and deeper into the dark pit that is contract negotiations and the two MECs can't even get along./QUOTE]

I am confused, where did you hear this? Last I heard, the MEC's were playing nice with each other, and on the same page with current issues being negotiated. I have heard it is the company that is stonewalling the entire process now. They have been stuck on crap like Foriegn Flying because of the company for some time. They are not even to the stuff that is really important in the contract, and the company is already slowing things down....wow. So they want the merger done, but they do not want to negotiate to get it done. From an ALPA rep at XJT, ASA management walked in thinking this would go quick, and offered up a turd of an opener at the negotiations. Once the company got an idea of what the pilot group is looking for, then actually realized the pilots were serious, they quickly change their approach to the meetings and started slowing the process. Guess getting the merger done to create those savings must not be so important.

The joint MEC meeting last week didn't go well. One ASA MEC member was expelled from the meeting and one MEC walked out over objections to the other MEC....Put down your ALPA koolaid...The stuff will kill ya.....

I waited and waited for a uniform change and finally broke down and spent some money on updating my winter stuff with the silver velcro epaulets and such so we should be switching to gold soon. Now I just need to go out and purchase an iPad and we'll be all set.

Russ at flight station tried to sell me a set of gold epaulets and said ASA is already wearing gold (hopefully not yellow). Hmm, news to me. I'm sure it's right around the corner though.

FWIW, CT already said to us in one of his jet streams a couple of months ago or so that we were all going to gold epaulets.

The joint MEC meeting last week didn't go well. One ASA MEC member was expelled from the meeting and one MEC walked out over objections to the other MEC....Put down your ALPA koolaid...The stuff will kill ya.....

I'm cautiously optimistic that they will get on one page on the scheduling section. I know our guys are reasonable. They'll have a heck of a sell job to the rank and file though.

FWIW, CT already said to us in one of his jet streams a couple of months ago or so that we were all going to gold epaulets.

Yeah, but I was hoping it would be before it got cold and I had to tailor my uniforms.

I've heard that new hires, even ASA, are getting gold instead of silver now. I haven't flown with any yet but being the cheap bastard that I am, I was hoping to save my PBR money and have the company update my goods sooner.

We will all be one happy, as pilots can be, airline soon.

Yeah, but I was hoping it would be before it got cold and I had to tailor my uniforms.

I've heard that new hires, even ASA, are getting gold instead of silver now. I haven't flown with any yet but being the cheap bastard that I am, I was hoping to save my PBR money and have the company update my goods sooner.

We will all be one happy, as pilots can be, airline soon.

There are no ASA new hires.

As long as No Hats I'll wear purple! But then if The Tabernacle keeps us separated we might stil wear silver?

So back on topic... ASA is losing 8 CRJ700s, possibly 6 CRJ200s, waiting for the hammer to fall on downgrades, upgrades have probably shot up to 8 years or so... (upgrades are at least 6 years right now) ....

On the up side XJT is hiring and upgrading into the new year. Just announced 64 upgrades between nov and jan, so that'll probably keep upgrades at 5.5 years (04/06 or 05/06 hire).

When the merger is completed (if ever) all the upgrades will probably be for ASA folks (as long as you don't mind going ERJ).

We've also had a lot of guys leaving for JetBlue so the movement should continue.

Last edited:
The joint MEC meeting last week didn't go well. One ASA MEC member was expelled from the meeting and one MEC walked out over objections to the other MEC.... ...

Some things just never change... /sigh

On the up side XJT is hiring and upgrading into the new year. Just announced 64 upgrades between nov and jan, so that'll probably keep upgrades at 5.5 years (04/06 or 05/06 hire).

That must be nice. People with those hire dates at ASA were teased with getting close to upgrade in the junior domiciles, but will likely be moving backwards again.

That must be nice. People with those hire dates at ASA were teased with getting close to upgrade in the junior domiciles, but will likely be moving backwards again.

You never know things could change. Heard Eagle is looking for a new ATR contractor in 2012

Latest resources

Back