• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Things 2 do in Cabo San Lucas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got back from a week in Cabo. We stayed at the Hilton which was terrific. The margaritas were great, fresh lime juice and no mixes. A cab to either Cabo or San Jose Del Cabo is $30 each way which I didn't think was too bad. We ate at a different Mexican restaurant each night. The food was great and the prices were inexpensive. I drank bottled water at the restaurants but I didn't worry about ice in my drinks. Tap water at the resort was fine. The exchange rate is 10 - 11 pesos per dollar. Try going to San Jose Del Cabo for dinner also. It is a much quieter town. Cabo San Lucas is the place to party. Try one of the sunset sailboat tours, we went on the Pez Gato, or the ATV tours, or waverunner tours. And of course, there is the previously mentioned Mermaids for the adult entertainment. Have fun,

Pat

If you like fishing, catch a cab to La Playita in San Jose Del Cabo. Or just tell the cab driver to take you to Tomas for fishing. They all know him. They'll take 2 guys in a panga boat, $110 each. That includes your tackle and licenses. It's quite a bit cheaper than sport fishers in Cabo San Lucas. Bring your own ice/booze/food. This is about as Mexican old school as it gets, but it's WAY cool.

I was there last week. Aside from catching bonito that we ended up using for bait, me and another guy both landed a marlin each.

Any fish you catch, you can keep. They'll filet it for you, and depending on where you're staying, but your hotel restaurant will even prepare your catch for you. There are also several restaurants that will prep it for you as well.

Well worth the money!

Don't worry about the Ice in CABO!!!

I lived there for 3 months and the bottled water and the ice thing is one of the biggest scam's in the area.. I drank the tap water the whole time and most of the resturants have filtered water in the tap anyway!!!

Cabo dosen't have the same problems with water as the rest of Mexico.. they have good fresh sources of water and do not get it from contaminated streams and rivers like the rest of mexico...

Just my .02

psysicx said:
As long as you don't eat the ice you will be okay. If your looking for something cheap to do rent a surfboard.

That is a bunch of crap. How are you supposed to drink a margerhita [sp]

I drink the water down here and have ice in my drinks ... never been sick. I do make sure that I have a steady stream of alcohol in my system about all times however.

I would avoid the fresh salads. Often the lettuce is field cleaned and you never know what it going on there.

If you are looking to have a good time might I suggest the following.

1. Stay at the Fienesterra. Not the "best" hotel in the world but it is centraly located in in downtown Cabo San Lucas and is within stumbling distance to the following:
a: Nowhere Bar ... great spot for happy hour and watch the boats come in from a hard day fishing.
b: Mi Casa. Best local fare, great atmoshere.
c: El Squid Roe. Bout 1am even a pilot can get laid ....
d: Cabo Wabo. If Sammy Haggar is in town the place will be rocking!

With that said, everyone of these places is a tourist trap ... but man are they fun. You never know who you will see. The other day I met one my true heros ... a yes some of yours ..... David Hayes {AKA TED STRIKER}

Latest resources

Back