Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

There is no pilot shortage sorry. Just greedy airlines.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is not what we would call "looking out for the troops", but in the big picture with around 4500 pilots, that bonus spread over that many pilots would result in about a $2.00/wk raise. That would do nothing for anybody.

How are you going to like it when DAL looses feeder routes and are unable maintain their load factors and they maybe stop hiring and seat advancement because of shrikage?

The old, I'm just 1 guy excuse.

Do you understand the ripple effect of leadership?

It's the ONLY reason good leaders deserve 7figures, and bad leadership deserves nothing

That is not what we would call "looking out for the troops", but in the big picture with around 4500 pilots, that bonus spread over that many pilots would result in about a $2.00/wk raise. That would do nothing for anybody.

How are you going to like it when DAL looses feeder routes and are unable maintain their load factors and they maybe stop hiring and seat advancement because of shrikage?

That is not happening because DL is recapturing previous routes with new 717s. The departing 215 50 seat RJs will be replaced by 70 additional 76 seaters, current 70/76 seaters, and those aforementioned 717s. Fewer flights, but larger planes on each route. There will still be 125 total 50 seaters to fly routes that cannot sustain larger, but that's it. Sounds like management has it covered, and that means growth on the mainline side too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Mercy, uh Jenny, 'cuse me there, are y'all getting 717s? What about all them big RJs, ya gonna cave again and give RA more when he wants in the near future? Just wondering....

And what's your story to say such an arrogant thing?

There are options ... corporate, overseas, other careers. I have done all three since leaving the US regional business in 1994. I am now looking forward to a very comfortable retirement at >$200k/yr.

When folks complain about their situation without moving on to other options, I lose patience very quickly.

None of your fore-generations got to North America, Native Americans included, by staying in a poor situation.

It is time to move on or stop complaining.

Bob

There are options ... corporate, overseas, other careers. I have done all three since leaving the US regional business in 1994. I am now looking forward to a very comfortable retirement at >$200k/yr.

When folks complain about their situation without moving on to other options, I lose patience very quickly.

None of your fore-generations got to North America, Native Americans included, by staying in a poor situation.

It is time to move on or stop complaining.

Bob

There are options today

Yeah- and I agree WHEN there are options-

But the outsourced world has more than tripled since 9/11
Much on votes from major airline pilots looking out for themselves. Think about that- there was not a better paying market for 60,000 pilots
Tripled. In a whipsaw market that is designed for no one group to have power to get a better life-

You're right, we have our choices- I just place a big responsibility on those pilots that allowed outsourcing

There is so much investment in our career- it is a delayed labor market response.
Those who were in were grudgingly willing to stay- those who had that fork in the road have decided to go left and not fly- now regionals are hurting and making excuses

Good

Fewer than 60 CFI's last year. This is managements problem not ours, they have finally sliced to the bone. Airline management has destroyed this career and are now fretting about it. There is a very simple solution.

Fewer than 60 CFI's last year. This is managements problem not ours, they have finally sliced to the bone. Airline management has destroyed this career and are now fretting about it. There is a very simple solution.

except the very simple solution is to get rid of age 65 retirement

Won't work-
Most of us really do want to retire sometime before death-

And it turns out mgmts aren't that happy with the productivity and sick call rate of 60*+

Age 70 is an expensive solution

Latest resources

Back