• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

There goes your job ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Florida had a sur tax like this. I didn't mind paying it one bit. Neither should anyone else fortunate enough to be making that amount of money.
You don't make that kind of money being "fortunate". It comes from making good choices, often at an early age, hard work, and brains. The deffinition of fortunate is "1: bringing some good thing not foreseen as certain : 2 : receiving some unexpected good.

Most rich people started of with an expectation of being rich. Their wealth didn't just fall into their lap as the definition would imply.

Just published by the IRS. The top 1% of the earners in this country payed over 40% of the income tax. The bottom 95% paid around 38%. I love rich people, they keep my household going.

Maybe you are too young to remember but years ago, under Jimmy Carter, I beleive, a tax on luxury items was implemented. A back door approach at taxing those evil rich people by taxing the toys they like. It almost erradicated the boat and yacht industry. Guess who was hurt the worst? The working folks that build those yachts and boats.

Ain't politics wonderful?

Maybe you are too young to remember but years ago, under Jimmy Carter, I beleive, a tax on luxury items was implemented. A back door approach at taxing those evil rich people by taxing the toys they like. It almost erradicated the boat and yacht industry. Guess who was hurt the worst? The working folks that build those yachts and boats.

Fortunately for them, many of those working folks lived in the Senate Majority Leader's home state. The tax was quickly repealed. :smash:

Since this is a political economic thread

Cash for Clunkers $3500.00 to $4500.00 payout by the Big "O".
In one week pizzed through 1 Billion in your tax payers money.
I have seen the cars that have landed in the dealerships and I would not give you $500.00 for any of them.
People have been dragging in their POS clunkers to get $4500.00 payed toward the new shiny car by Big "O".
The government has no expectation on a return with this wise investment.
These people that owned these $100.00 wonders have now gone into debt for thousands. In this economic environment there is a good chance of default on these loans. More bad loans is the last thing the government should be encouraging.

Of course the Auto Makers are loving it (foreign and domestic).
This is just another Big "O" bail out except now he is also helping the foreign Auto Makers that did not need his help anyway.

Here is an Economic Stimulus Plan from the Fedmagnet:
Stop giving out $4500.00 for $100.00 cars and encouraging more debt.
The people that already drive $100.00 cars, carry on until times are better and stay out of debt during hard times.
GM and Chrysler, get your shat together and good luck.
Ford, carry on, good job.

Fortunately for them, many of those working folks lived in the Senate Majority Leader's home state. The tax was quickly repealed. :smash:
Yes it lasted two years. It actually started in a democratically controlled congress and signed by George Bush the first. It was repealed in 1993 and signed by Bill CLinton. Giving credit where it is due. It di cause thousands of layoffs in the yacht industry.

This is what the tax was during the Reagan years. What's another 2% to a multi-millionaire? They'll find a loophole to make more anyway.

Cash for Clunkers $3500.00 to $4500.00 payout by the Big "O".
In one week pizzed through 1 Billion in your tax payers money.
I have seen the cars that have landed in the dealerships and I would not give you $500.00 for any of them.
People have been dragging in their POS clunkers to get $4500.00 payed toward the new shiny car by Big "O".
The government has no expectation on a return with this wise investment.
These people that owned these $100.00 wonders have now gone into debt for thousands. In this economic environment there is a good chance of default on these loans. More bad loans is the last thing the government should be encouraging.

Of course the Auto Makers are loving it (foreign and domestic).
This is just another Big "O" bail out except now he is also helping the foreign Auto Makers that did not need his help anyway.

Here is an Economic Stimulus Plan from the Fedmagnet:
Stop giving out $4500.00 for $100.00 cars and encouraging more debt.
The people that already drive $100.00 cars, carry on until times are better and stay out of debt during hard times.
GM and Chrysler, get your shat together and good luck.
Ford, carry on, good job.

I like that the media and every opportunistic politician out there is hailing it as a success. How tuff is it to give out free $$$$?

Subsidizing the ownership of new cars, what will these pinkos think of next?

I like that the media and every opportunistic politician out there is hailing it as a success. How tuff is it to give out free $$$$?

Subsidizing the ownership of new cars, what will these pinkos think of next?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124467696781404127.html

No kidding. Friend of mine traded in a 92 Cherokee (which he didn't drive for years) for a new Hummer H3 last week. His thought was "Heck, if the gubmint is gonna give it to me at a discount, why not?"
Osama is stealing from the "rich."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124467696781404127.html

No kidding. Friend of mine traded in a 92 Cherokee (which he didn't drive for years) for a new Hummer H3 last week. His thought was "Heck, if the gubmint is gonna give it to me at a discount, why not?"
Osama is stealing from the "rich."

The economy is bad, we can't pay the rent or the mortgage, jobless rate is setting records. Flops is going out of bidness. Well lets go get a Hummer with tufoes and spinners! Install some bling and boom boom.
Makes since to me.

Latest resources

Back