Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

There could have been no furloughs at USAIR WEST if...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just ask a US Airways Wholly Owned Pilot about the trust of US Airways East folks. They could give you a long list of bullsh$t and back stabs.

How do you think I feel having been a former wholly-owned pilot and America West pilot...The hits just keep on coming with thess clowns.

PHXFLYR

Last edited:
Just ask a US Airways Wholly Owned Pilot about the trust of US Airways East folks. They could give you a long list of bullsh$t and back stabs.
D.B****** (sp) being the worse or them all. Oh damn, were shall I begin.

Dave B. and Herb H. and their spin is fun to watch, but sad in the fact that they are so off course with the West's resolve. The fact is that Parker accepted the list and said that it met all 5 of the companies requirements. We'll take our date in court when the list is challenged.

Still no bid out for the West, could it be that Ed B. and Lyle H. realize that for Dave O. to go all of the MDA and new hires out East must be gone first?

Marty, I am very grown up. And I am a west pilot.

Watch the insults. It seems you have something to prove and are pretty brave behind your keyboard.

Last edited:
MCDU -- you are a broken record. You are now the second East Coast pilot I've now written off here on FI. I'll no longer respond to the spin you post.

I'm getting furloughed out West. I'd rather take the furlough and take my chances with the "high road" of integrity with my fellow West pilots any day. You are a classic East coast poster. Relishing in the fact that the West pilots are being furloughed out of seniority ahead of the East pilots. We are the new US Airways and will go out of business if we don’t work together. We did binding arbitration and you guys won't live up to the "binding part of it." Do you teach your kids about the rule of law and fairness in a civilized society?

You guys just can't see that USAPA and this fight over the Nic award will destroy the airline and everyone looses (except management, my heart breaks for the gate agents, ramp workers, and the thousands of behind the scenes troops). It is a tragedy, but I suppose as long as you keep your job, it is a "good deal."

The minute that Dave Odell gets put on the street while an East Coast pilot, who was furloughed at the time of the merger, gets to keep his job, the rancor level gets taken up a substantial notch. What sane pilot on the East side is working to prevent that from happening? This business about the attrition US Air had coming (which largely evaporated with age 65) and being entitled to it (like some kind of life-long drafting rights), and now wanting your recalled furloughed pilots to be able to obtain/benefit from it when they were out on the street, unemployed at the time of the merger is nuts. Their gain is coming at the expense of West Coast pilots (working AWA pilots at the time of the merger). It is just fundamentally unfair and out West we are confident that we will be vindicated in a court of law.

At some point in the future East and West have to work together. The "Fence issue" was discussed two years ago in negotiation and mediation, and is no longer on the table. USAPA had better work real fast to be the entire pilot’s union. Even within the East side of the house, guys can’t get USAPA to answer questions in a fair and reasonable manner. When will the USAPA elections occur? If you voted for them, you better encourage them to represent all pilots right now. The silence from those “appointed” union leaders is disconcerting and with about 45 days to go to the first West coast furloughee …. Well it is time to saddle the horses and get to work. Please don’t gloat over the West furloughs; they are real people with real families and real lives. There but for the grace of God goes any pilot.

When I was at PDT, I found that most of the senior pilots there should have moved on to something better years ago.. like 10 years ago.

No free lunches.

MCDU -- you are a broken record. You are now the second East Coast pilot I've now written off here on FI. I'll no longer respond to the spin you post.

I'm getting furloughed out West. I'd rather take the furlough and take my chances with the "high road" of integrity with my fellow West pilots any day. You are a classic East coast poster. Relishing in the fact that the West pilots are being furloughed out of seniority ahead of the East pilots. We are the new US Airways and will go out of business if we don’t work together. We did binding arbitration and you guys won't live up to the "binding part of it." Do you teach your kids about the rule of law and fairness in a civilized society?

You guys just can't see that USAPA and this fight over the Nic award will destroy the airline and everyone looses (except management, my heart breaks for the gate agents, ramp workers, and the thousands of behind the scenes troops). It is a tragedy, but I suppose as long as you keep your job, it is a "good deal."

The minute that Dave Odell gets put on the street while an East Coast pilot, who was furloughed at the time of the merger, gets to keep his job, the rancor level gets taken up a substantial notch. What sane pilot on the East side is working to prevent that from happening? This business about the attrition US Air had coming (which largely evaporated with age 65) and being entitled to it (like some kind of life-long drafting rights), and now wanting your recalled furloughed pilots to be able to obtain/benefit from it when they were out on the street, unemployed at the time of the merger is nuts. Their gain is coming at the expense of West Coast pilots (working AWA pilots at the time of the merger). It is just fundamentally unfair and out West we are confident that we will be vindicated in a court of law.

At some point in the future East and West have to work together. The "Fence issue" was discussed two years ago in negotiation and mediation, and is no longer on the table. USAPA had better work real fast to be the entire pilot’s union. Even within the East side of the house, guys can’t get USAPA to answer questions in a fair and reasonable manner. When will the USAPA elections occur? If you voted for them, you better encourage them to represent all pilots right now. The silence from those “appointed” union leaders is disconcerting and with about 45 days to go to the first West coast furloughee …. Well it is time to saddle the horses and get to work. Please don’t gloat over the West furloughs; they are real people with real families and real lives. There but for the grace of God goes any pilot.

It's not like military aviation...EVERYTHING about being a professional pilot in commercial aviation is "fundamentally unfair".

Just ask the 27 pilots who were fired at USA JET two days ago...

Let me ask...at what point does the 6 month statute of limitations run out?

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back