• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The worst airliner cabin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the F-100 has to be the worst jumpseat. Its like sitting on a 2x4 between two oven racks full of avionics. Now I understand why it was called the dutch oven.

cforst513 said:
wait, those aircraft have jumpseats? holy crap. from what i've seen of the cockpit walking in as a passenger, there is NO room for a third body in there.

There isn't any room for a third person but they still managed to squeeze a jumpseat up there. It's ugly to say the least. But if you are trying to get to work you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dangerkitty said:
There isn't any room for a third person but they still managed to squeeze a jumpseat up there. It's ugly to say the least. But if you are trying to get to work you gotta do what you gotta do.
well, to boost company morale, i think that the jumpseater ought to get the FA's seat and the FA's will sit in their laps. of course, if you FA is a guy.....

cforst513 said:
well, to boost company morale, i think that the jumpseater ought to get the FA's seat and the FA's will sit in their laps. of course, if you FA is a guy.....

Unfortunantely this aint the 70's anymore. Many FA's have an a$$ the size of Butter Bean "The King of the Three Rounders"

I'd have to say the Jetstream 31's seat 1A. Nothing to look at but the bulk head 6 inches from your face and after a few minutes you're left with a permanent lean to the right. Seat 1C is just as bad.

KF

in the 120 or erj u can get a little more space by just lowering the seat back and sittin on it. u get a couple more inches and it's not any more uncomfortable.

Nobody has said the mighty Beech 1900? Does it even qualify as an "airliner"?

I rode in an Avro the other month. That was comfy and roomy.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
Nobody has said the mighty Beech 1900? Does it even qualify as an "airliner"?

Contrary to the recorded Raytheon Briefing anouncement the Beech 1900 is nothing more than a long King Air. Thus No Jumpseat.

By the way, who in the heck is that guy in your avatar?

CRJ 900.

Love to fly it, HATE to ride it it. 'Specially how Mesa configures em. Barely any recline, knees in the seat in front of ya, world's smallest lav's (which get serviced only when a pilot has the cojones to refuse to leave the gate til it's flushed), aisles so narrow even the skinny people are bumping ya on the way to the stink closet, and . . ..

3 1/2 hour flights! UGH!

1900D, Dash-8, CRJ 200 -- all WAY better than a Mesa 900.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back