The WEALTHY can't handle airline travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whymeworry?

As an airline puke, I like to come into the corporate section now and again and see how things are going with y'all. Having flown a portion of my career in bizav, I miss it and I can honestly say I had a blast doing it.

Reading all the gloom-n-doom here about your futures leads me to wonder: Do you really think Joe Blow rich guy can handle traveling alongside the commonfolk? I mean who are we kidding? Sure he'll fly first class but domestic FC is a joke anyway. Even if he travels in international FC with a lie-flat seat, he will still be severly disappointed once he sees how American FAs treat customers. Or how he will have to chat it up with the guy next to him, whether he likes it or not.

Regardless of the aforementioned, the issue is not so much about the travel experience, which is pretty downtrodden for a wealthy person. It's about the standing in TSA lines with all us commoners. Having to wait in the gate area, boarding, dealing with airports, etc. I mean for a truly connected and wealthy individual, they're just not going to put up with it. Regardless of what the media thinks or prints, these execs will continue to use pvt jets. Maybe it will be via a frac deal, maybe by selling the plane and leasing it back. Either way, these aircraft that are being sold will continue to fly. Mark my words.

Hang in there, all.

Last edited:
My favorite quote used by the boss while we were waiting, about number 50, in the security line at Orlando International:

"This is why we have our own Fu**in airplane"

As an airline puke, I like to come into the corporate section now and again and see how things are going with y'all. Having flown a portion of my career in bizav, I miss it and I can honestly say I had a blast doing it.

Reading all the gloom-n-doom here about your futures leads me to wonder: Do you really think Joe Blow rich guy can handle traveling alongside the commonfolk? I mean who are we kidding? Sure he'll fly first class but domestic FC is a joke anyway. Even if he travels in international FC with a lie-flat seat, he will still be severly disappointed once he sees how American FAs treat customers. Or how he will have to chat it up with the guy next to him, whether he likes it or not.

Regardless of the aforementioned, the issue is not so much about the travel experience, which is pretty downtrodden for a wealthy person. It's about the standing in TSA lines with all us commoners. Having to wait in the gate area, boarding, dealing with airports, etc. I mean for a truly connected and wealthy individual, they're just not going to put up with it. Regardless of what the media thinks or prints, these execs will continue to use pvt jets. Maybe it will be via a frac deal, maybe by selling the plane and leasing it back. Either way, these aircraft that are being sold will continue to fly. Mark my words.

Hang in there, all.

I hope you are correct, but I fear that Obama will tax them out of existance.

Carbon offsets / credits will be the DEATH general aviation. This is comming from a pilot who flies for a enviromentalest which buys carbon credits for his aircraft.

Carbon offsets / credits will be the DEATH general aviation. This is comming from a pilot who flies for a enviromentalest which buys carbon credits for his aircraft.

I agree..."carbon caps" are far more ominous than increased taxation, user fees, or this LASP nonsense.

...not that any of it is good, mind you...

Back on point, I don't think its that the rich "can't" handle airline travel, its just that its a horrible waste of their time...and time is worth far more than the cost differential.

Back on point, I don't think its that the rich "can't" handle airline travel, its just that its a horrible waste of their time...and time is worth far more than the cost differential.

Agree, but how do we convince the public, the tree-huggers and the media??? they don't see it like you and I see it.

Well, the media uses business aviation to get to breaking news events all the time, and how do you think Matt Lauer gets to all those places for the Today Show? (not JetBlue). Also, TV helicopters provide live feed of car chases, fires, disasters, etc...and they don't run on rainbows and sunshine.

Joe Q Citizen will never be able to comprehend a $4000 flight in a "lear jet" making financial sense when compared to a $400 airline ticket, because they don't understand the time/value of money when it comes to business transactions...or how the hourly breakdown of compensation for many of the management or professional employees utilizing bizav make that $4000 expense far less costly than that $400 ticket on United.

Tree-huggers...they're even less convinceable than the public. These fools don't seem to understand or acknolwedge the fact that climate change is a NATURAL PHENOMENON, and many won't be happy until the only energy is derived from renewable means and all transportation has zero-sum emissions...no matter the financial or economic cost.

Who does that leave us with? The hypocritical politicians, who use donated private aircraft on their relection campaigns and government aircraft when traveling on government business because it saves them time...but stand up and scream bloody murder and "unfairness" when a CEO of a multibillion dollar multinational corporation does the same thing.

The business jet community will rebound because from the beginning of time rich people will always be rich. There is plenty of money out there. It is just not flowing right now because of fear and a lack of confidence. When a semblance of normality returns to the economy those jets that are parked will be in the skies. In addition to what I said having a corporate jet is being portrayed in the media as being on the same level as being a child molester these days.

Latest resources

Back