Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The voting for a union (ALPA at Skywest)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guarantee you there will be more votes for ALPA than for SAPA,....

Guarantee huh?

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

Are you a SkyWest Pilot?

bla bla retards

vote alpa if you want it, if you dont, then dont vote

WRONG MORON!

What if you want a new SAPA that is controlled by us funded by our money that is legally recognized and certified under the RLA?

From the rest of that quote......"Its my gut"....that ALPA is a mainline organization.......now if there was a Regional Airline Pilots Assoc...totally separate from the mainline and not assoc. with ALPA......that would be a different story......Done deal...........So again...just my gut....i dont get a good vibe from ALPA......not at Skywest......

So at this point...i have to decide to not vote...or write in SAPA and have them be recognized as a union......I would prefer the later....but its one of those.....like someone said....a vote for SAPA is a vote for ALPA........i certainly havent heard on the line anyone pushing (new,recognized)SAPA........just ALPA.....so until there are other supporters...of SAPA speaking out......my only choice is to not vote.......especially since some of the guys in SAPA are ALPA supporters

Without the threat of a Union at Skywest, Jerry will erode your quality of life. The constant threat of unionization and the quality of life at other similar carriers (and their fight) is what enhances or gives you your coveted work rules. Without that outside threat, you have nothing you can stand on. Hopefully the Skywest Pilots are realizing this.

Trojan

From the rest of that quote......"Its my gut"....that ALPA is a mainline organization.......now if there was a Regional Airline Pilots Assoc...totally separate from the mainline and not assoc. with ALPA......that would be a different story......Done deal...........So again...just my gut....i dont get a good vibe from ALPA......not at Skywest......

I suggest sir... that you are not fully informed. And respectfully request that you seek more information so that you may make an informed choice...

So at this point...i have to decide to not vote...or write in SAPA and have them be recognized as a union......I would prefer the later....but its one of those.....like someone said....a vote for SAPA is a vote for ALPA........i certainly havent heard on the line anyone pushing (new,recognized)SAPA........just ALPA.....so until there are other supporters...of SAPA speaking out......my only choice is to not vote.......especially since some of the guys in SAPA are ALPA supporters

There are plenty of issues that are effecting your career. SAPA does not address those issues.

• Open Skies/Foreign Ownership
  • Age 60
  • Airport Security
  • Fatigue
  • Flight/Duty Time
  • Jumpseating
  • Runway Safety
  • Accident Investigation
  • Aeromedical
  • Legal Protection

The List goes on... the fact is you have no voice in any of these issues that effect your career. Why would you invest so much time and energy into this profession only to be a subject of managements whim?

Latest resources

Back