Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The voting for a union (ALPA at Skywest)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Positive Rate

I heard that if this thing does come to a vote.....and you go to vote and you vote against to have ALPA as rep.(i e SAPA is your rep or teamsters or whoever) then your vote actually goes to ALPA...due to the percentages or something screwy.......thats why ALPA supporters are saying to vote even if your voting against....so to actually vote no, your not supposed to vote at all.......anyone know anything about this? How does the process actually work?

Don't listen to the SAPA liars!

Here's how the vote works:

1. Less than 50% of the pilots cast a vote:
Regardless of the distribution of the votes, there is no change. SAPA continues in its present powerless, management controlled and funded form, unless the court decides that is illegal, in which case SAPA disappears.

2. More than 50% of the pilots cast a vote for anything:
2a) SAPA gets more of those votes than ALPA:
SAPA becomes legally recognized and certified under the RLA, regardless of what the court decided.
2b) ALPA gets more of those votes than SAPA:
ALPA becomes legally recognized and certified under the RLA.

Last edited:
Here's how the vote works:

1. Less than 50% of the pilots cast a vote:
Regardless of the distribution of the votes, there is no change. SAPA continues in its present powerless, management controlled and funded form, unless the court decides that is illegal, in which case SAPA disappears.

2. More than 50% of the pilots cast a vote for anything:
2a) SAPA gets more of those votes than ALPA:
SAPA becomes legally recognized and certified under the RLA, regardless of what the court decided.
2b) ALPA gets more of those votes than SAPA:
ALPA becomes legally recognized and certified under the RLA.

So what your saying is...

If you want ALPA...vote ALPA(but over 50% of the pilot group has to vote and vote ALPA)

If you want SAPA...vote SAPA(but over 50% of the pilot group has to vote and of those pilots, more have to vote SAPA)

If you don t want either...don' t vote at all(but if let s say 60% of the pilot group votes, but of that 60%....31% votes ALPA.......ALPA is in.......So in essence non wanters of either...need less than 50% of the pilot group to vote)

Last edited:
the SAPA liars want you to just not call

What I am saying is, (1)if you want SAPA in its present powerless, management controlled and funded form, dont vote.

(2)If you want a new SAPA that is legally recognized and certified under the RLA and funded by us, then vote and vote SAPA, which by the way you have to do it as a write in vote, which you will actually have to speak the word "Saaapaaaahhhh" into the phone, not really write in.

(3)If you want ALPA then vote and vote ALPA.

you have to pick one of 3 choices

1) dont call, and end up with same lame ass B.S.
2) call and vote SAPA
3) call and vote ALPA

please do either 2 or 3, but god please dont choose 1, it has proven to not work

If less than 50% of the pilots pick up the phone and vote then its #1 (bad!)

If 50% of the pilots pick up the phone and vote for anything, then its going to be #2 or#3 whichever gets more votes

my dad always said "son, you get what you pay for" or in this case, "son, they got what they paid for"

THEY= SkyWest Management

Last edited:
Well I want a union..........no offense to ALPA and those involved.....ALPA is a great organization but i dont want ALPA at Skywest..........I want ALPA when and if i get to a main line........but not here......thats just my gut......

inthegoo.....thanks for the clarity.

Last edited:
I guarantee you there will be more votes for ALPA than for SAPA, so if you do vote for SAPA then you'll probably end up with ALPA. If you don't want a union then just don't vote.

Latest resources

Back