• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Upturn Has Begun (I Hope!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since when does listening to the media bring you the correct perspective? You guys need to stop getting all your "facts" from the media and open your eyes to what is actually going on in the world. True, it isn't pretty, and probably won't be for awhile, but things are no longer on the downhill slide. Our on-demand business was almost non-existent in Jan.- March. It is still very slow, but we have seen a slight return of business. Home sales are starting to really pick up in my area. I know because I just bought one and many of the other houses we wanted to look at, we couldn't because they were selling before we could look at them. The malls and restaurants are jam packed on weekends.

ooooookay. where do you get your news? your own little anecdotes? yeah sure, your own experiences are indicators of what is happening in the world. :rolleyes: I'm sure people call you to get the real story!:rolleyes:

This is far from a great depression. A few more months and I think things will start back uphill again, but only time will tell.

who is calling this a "great depression"? explain yourself.
how do you know the economy is down? could it be? THE MEDIA??:smash:

Last edited:
Calm down and take a vallium. Metro was speaking with irony...which apparently you did not, and do not get.

I am calm and Metro is certainly not speaking with irony.....which apparently, you imagine.

ooooookay. where do you get your news? your own little anecdotes? yeah sure, your own experiences are indicators of what is happening in the world. :rolleyes: I'm sure people call you to get the real story!:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the economy is down because I haven't been gainfully employed in 13 months, despite having been hired by numerous carriers that subsequently cancel my class. ON the bright side, I interview pretty well now.

What's the pay and QOL over at Wendy's these days?

I am calm and Metro is certainly not speaking with irony.....which apparently, you imagine.

Irony, sarcasm. Not imagined:

USA Jet is having the best spring ever dude. Didn't you see the press release.

Completely missed the point:

"best spring ever"? So, how many pilots have been let go again?:rolleyes:

Besides, I wouldn't exactly call USA Jet a leading economic indicator or even an indicator for the state of the air freight industry.

Seems clear enough.

All I'm saying is, when it comes to the media, doom and gloom sells. What they tell us is mostly true, but they don't give us much positive information and when they do, the details are pretty thin.

Also, my sympathies to all you guys who are out of work. I don't mean to belittle your situation in the least bit. I feel very fortunate to have kept my job so far.

Hi!

I just read a post from an ANA guy that said cargo in Japan is just now picking up.

cliff
NBO

Calm down and take a vallium. Metro was speaking with irony...which apparently you did not, and do not get.

Waka Waka Waka

Turn On Your Sarcasm Detector Waka

I Don't Know How Much More Apparent My Sarcasm Could Have Been With The Usa Jet Comment.

Okay, obviously I was wrong. I will say sarcasm can be iffy to detect in text......especially in FI. Nevertheless, I guess I read it incorrectly.
:0

Latest resources

Back