• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

The Upturn Has Begun (I Hope!)

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

A number of US PAX charter pilots reported that their business FINALLY started to pick up last month, and was continuing to pick up this month.

Atlas recalled some FEs this week.
Evergreen just announced some recalls.
Kalitta Air (747s) just announced some recalls.

cliff
NBO
PS-If you have lost your job, like I did, or are now getting furloghed, here is some hope. God bless.

Gas Man

I fly RJ's!
Total Time
Holy ********************e I hope you're right, Clifford!!! I went from the left seat to stacking apples in a grocery store the last three months. I don't know how much more of this fun I can take!!!!!!

avbug

Total Time
n/a
Kalitta originally furloughed out of seniority. They have recalled, but have also furloughed others who were retained out of seniority. Not really the same as simply bringing crewmembers back...because as they bring people on, they let others go.

Fliteidol

Total Time
Sorry to rain on the parade too, Atlas have called back a few FE`s but there are dozens of pilots hitting the streets at the end of this and the next few months. Things could change though. Been to the Florida yet Cliff?

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
There is no upturn. Look at the economy. Just because some furloughed pilots are getting called back does not an upturn make. The fact remains, demand for air freight is still going down.

Just keeping it real.

BEfly

Regular User
Total Time
Charter is down this month, for us anyway. We are hangin in there though

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Debbie Downer

I'd rather be "Debbie Downer" with the cold hard facts than Sugarcoat Everything to make You Feel Better Fantasy World Metro752 .:smash::rolleyes:

Total Time
USA Jet is having the best spring ever dude. Didn't you see the press release.

Don't be so negative.....

RockyMnt1

Total Time
FedEx just parked 14 aircraft and fired 1000 IT professionals (The first IT layoff in FedEx 35 year history. There was a RIF around 1999, but that was much more gentle.). GM/Chrysler are still deciding what to do and the stress test for the banks does not look promising. Yesterday the stock market took a nose dive.

I am not sure I see the turnaround yet.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
USA Jet is having the best spring ever dude. Didn't you see the press release.

Don't be so negative.....

"best spring ever"? So, how many pilots have been let go again?:rolleyes:

Besides, I wouldn't exactly call USA Jet a leading economic indicator or even an indicator for the state of the air freight industry.

I'm not being negative, just a realist. You, on the other hand, have your head in the clouds. Remember, it was excess optimism and irrational exuberance that contributed to bringing down the economy. Open a newspaper of your choosing every once in a while and it might give you some much needed perspective.

lansen

Awesomeman
Total Time

Besides, I wouldn't exactly call USA Jet a leading economic indicator or even an indicator for the state of the air freight industry.

I'm not being negative, just a realist. You, on the other hand, have your head in the clouds. Remember, it was excess optimism and irrational exuberance that contributed to bringing down the economy. Open a newspaper of your choosing every once in a while and it might give you some much needed perspective.
I think there was a great deal of sarcasm in waka's post.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?

DeltaLima21

Total Time
2500+
Just enjoy the time off while it lasts. I could be happy living in a van down by the river(As long as I could go fishng during the day)

8inMan

Total Time
4000+

Since when does listening to the media bring you the correct perspective? You guys need to stop getting all your "facts" from the media and open your eyes to what is actually going on in the world. True, it isn't pretty, and probably won't be for awhile, but things are no longer on the downhill slide. Our on-demand business was almost non-existent in Jan.- March. It is still very slow, but we have seen a slight return of business. Home sales are starting to really pick up in my area. I know because I just bought one and many of the other houses we wanted to look at, we couldn't because they were selling before we could look at them. The malls and restaurants are jam packed on weekends. This is far from a great depression. A few more months and I think things will start back uphill again, but only time will tell.

Total Time
Waka Waka Waka

Turn On Your Sarcasm Detector Waka

I Don't Know How Much More Apparent My Sarcasm Could Have Been With The Usa Jet Comment.

Dumb Pilot

Total Time
This is far from a great depression. A few more months and I think things will start back uphill again, but only time will tell.

I agree, the passenger loads here in Asia are not that bad right now and the cargo numbers (although lower than normal) are on the upswing. I think that 2010 will see a return to growth

avbug

Total Time
n/a

Calm down and take a vallium. Metro was speaking with irony...which apparently you did not, and do not get.