The Truth about what AA did to TWA F/A's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AviaNation

As many of you already know, when AA merged with TWA, they 'assured' the TWA people that they would be treated fairly. In truth, they have been stapled to the bottom of AA seniority, and subsequently furloughed. Many of these furloughees will lose all of their recall rights this fall, ending their 20+ year airline career with nothing.

Check this blog for mor information, and to leave your comments.

http://trustno1-1.blogspot.com/

accinelli said:
oh Boo hoo. There are better opportunities than AA out there.
IDIOT. Tell somebody that after 25 years senority that is set to retire in another 5 years, and gets furlowed! Do you actually think that starting over with a regonal is gonna pay the bills at that point.

I read most of the blog. There is (justifiably) extreme revulsion of all that is AA and APFA. Comments that would be instantly censored here at FI, personal attacks, and name calling are standard. Yet the thrust of the blogging is "we want to go back to work at AA." Amazing.

You'd end up with two FA groups per plane, hating each other more than the Israelis and Hezbollah hate each other. That'd be a smooth-running on-time machine, and I'm certain they'd be sparkling in an emergency when and if it happens. :rolleyes:

I was going to cut and paste some choice rants, but it's not worth it. The dichotomy is bizarre. "AA SUCKS! APFA NEEDS AN ENEMA! DIE!! CORRUPTION!! WE HATE YOU!! but please take us back."

I really do hope you have success, but I don't know if this is the best way to do it. If I had the answers, I'd be making millions with stock options working for management, but I just drive the bus. Good luck, and I mean that sincerely. If you make it back, hopefully we'll work together well.

The TWA flight attendants, who were screwed by AMR and APFA, want their jobs back AND with date of hire (at TWA) seniority, or at least a semblance of a "fair and equitable integration" as promised by Don Carty to Congress. Being stapled to the bottom of the AA list was neither fair nor equitable. They deserve it since this was their career and professional life, just like the TWA pilots who got screwed by AMR, APA and ALPA.

Last edited:
xkuzme1 said:
IDIOT. Tell somebody that after 25 years senority that is set to retire in another 5 years, and gets furlowed! Do you actually think that starting over with a regonal is gonna pay the bills at that point.

"Furlowed." With smarts like that you'd be lucky to get hired with a regional.

Rik717pilot said:
The TWA flight attendants, who were screwed by AMR and APFA, want their jobs back AND with date of hire (at TWA) seniority, or at least a semblance of a "fair and equitable integration" as promised by Don Carty to Congress. Being stapled to the bottom of the AA list was neither fair nor equitable. They deserve it since this was their career and professional life, just like the TWA pilots who got screwed by AMR, APA and ALPA.

You screw passengers all your life -- then once you're screwed suddenly life's not fair! Ironic.

accinelli:

How do you figure that? The TWA FA's didn't screw the pax. Carl Ichan did, as did AMR, DAL, EAL, NWA, etc., but the FA's didn't.

AviaNation said:
As many of you already know, when AA merged with TWA, they 'assured' the TWA people that they would be treated fairly. In truth, they have been stapled to the bottom of AA seniority, and subsequently furloughed. Many of these furloughees will lose all of their recall rights this fall, ending their 20+ year airline career with nothing.
Wasn't TWA literally within their final hours before liquidation?
AA was in their pursuit to become the worlds largest airline, so, at the last minute, AA outright purchased TWA (not merged). I believe AA has sold alot of the TWA birds and also want to downsize STL more.
I understand if two airlines willingly merge, like Continental and United for example, no matter how both companies decide to integrate the 2 seniority lists, the pilots are going to be pi$$ed off no matter what. But in a case where one airline buys another, (like AA/TWA), how should the seniority list be merged? Obviously most TWA people hate AA because they were stapled to the bottom of the list, but alot of people seem to think that AA rescued TWA.

TWA got hosed by AMR/APA/APFA/ALPA in the deal. Chap 11 wasn't declared until AMR decided they didn't want to support Carl Ichan's Karabu ticket deal. Then AMR perpetrated the screw jobs with the help of APA,ALPA and APFA.

Latest resources

Back