The truth about CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skunk muff

The only positive postings about CS is from management........humphrey bogart, chewbacca, etc. These guys are management, and the reason you will not get good facts from this site is because they monitor it. They will look at your posted credentials to attempt to see if you are one of their pilots, and attempt to hunt you down. They call pilots and manipulate them by saying "I know you are the one posting on such and such website", and they will keep calling pilots until they get one to answer "yes". Barry Lambert has done this in the past, he is a regular on these websites. They will also do all they can to remove unfavorable post through legal threats, that is why you will see certain threads with reponses only.

I worked there and hated it with a passion, so I quit. I would honestly take a regional airline job over CS, no offense to regional guys, it is just that you meet regional minimums before CS's. The reason is that you will be treated like a pilot, not a concierge, you will start off less, but eventually make the same pay and be able to take pride in your job.....at least that was how it was for me at the regionals.

CS treats you bad. They will nickel and dime you to death. Nine out of ten pilots I flew with there hate the company and want to leave. The pilots never voice their true opinions in fear of retaliation from the company. There is some who like the company a lot, but they are definitely not the majority. These are the guys who run around telling on other pilots for stupid things like......not putting on pitot covers....or the food stock only had four bags of peanut m&m's instead of five. The company has a written policy that they do not want you calling them, they will call you. So if you finish up at X airport, you must wait for them to call you with hotel info, it does not matter how many hours you sit. You will go to some very nice places, but you will only have enough time to eat and sleep, that is very disappointing. The company is not family oriented at all. Rumor has it that everyone in the office sleeps with each other. They do not allow spouses at their parties, not that I would go anyway, and they do not care one bit about getting you home at the end of your tour. They will not pay you an extra day unless they get you home at 0300am the day after you are do home, this to me is not an issue if you were being used to fly, but they will leave you at an FBO for hours waiting for a call with airline info......and if you call them for it then prepare to be punished by being made to wait even longer. This really stinks after you have not seen your family for seven days and you know that you could have made it home for diner. When you call the main office for a pay issue, benefits issue, etc., you feel like you have to walk on egg shells.....because you do not want to make anyone mad, it will only come back to haunt you. As far as the flying goes, you will have rich little fifteen year olds telling you to carry their back pack, you will have to put on rubber gloves and unstop the toilet....or pull out stuff from the head that some old lady or kid should not have put in it. If you are on the CJ1, CJ3, or bravo then you will have to remove the toilet with pee all over it yourself, because if the FBO does it and does not rehook it properly then the blue juice will leak in the aircraft and down it hard for maintenance, which is grounds for termination. You are the one who gets on your knees to vacuum up the dog hairs, clean bugers from kids off of the windows, and wipe blood up off of the seats. If you down an aircraft for professional cleaning then you better be prepared for some major repercussion. If you make a safety decision then you can just sit back and wait for a call from the chief pilot. If you are on your last day and the owner decides to take your stock with them then you must get a car, go to the local STORES, and attempt to replace the stock with what you are supposed to have. Oh yeah, the company must not have that much faith in how great it is because you are made to sign a contract that states if you leave during the first year for any reason then you must pay the company $15,000. There is a guy who left after 11 months because he got another job, was willing to work out the full 12 months, but was told that he could not and that he would still have to pay the full $15,000. He is still being harassed by lawyers for the money. Pilots have been fired for shotty reasons, and others constantly worry about making a mistake, so they are uncomfortable to be around, and it makes for a long miserable day when all guys do is complain about the company. I only knew a few pilots there that did not have their resumes out to other places.

I am posting this in attempt to help another brother out. Think about this before you take the job. Try others first, only go to CS if you have nothing else. Good luck brothers, lets hope for a full recover of this industry.

skunk muff said:
The only positive postings about CS is from management........humphrey bogart, chewbacca, etc. .

Bogart is an awful person...........management or not. He is rude, ungrateful and arrogant (a type that shouldnt be in managment at all and is giving ALL of us a bad name). He has said that CS pilots are the best. Bla bla bla.......there is just not enough room in this world for arrogant and ungrateful people such as he is. If he is in managment, he has forgotten where he has come from. He needs to recognize and say thanks to the guys at NJA for HIS raise. He thinks that he got a rasie becuase he deserved it for being the best. Incorrect. He bags on the fact that he is thrilled that there is no union at CS. But, if it werent for the hard work of all the NJA pilots (and the NJA MEC) out there who took their time on their days off to picket and show solidarity and what brother/sisters are all about, he wouldnt have his raise either. Bogart, you are cheap, ungrateful, and non appreciative of those who truly got you what you think YOU deserved for being the "best." It would be so nice if you could at least acknowledge the hard work of the NJA guys out there and what they got for YOU. A thanks and a recognition of a united group of brothers and sisters that we have here would be much appreciated and long overdue from YOU.

Last but not least Bogart, seeing that YOU have obviously forgotten where you have come from, be respectful of your own and everyone else in this field. Treat them as if they were your brotheres and sisters too. It's easy to understand why people like skunk muff have bad things to say about you (not to mention the fact that your reputation on flight info is poor). I know many CS guys out there who are all good guys. Treat them in the way you would expect someone to treat YOU. STOP being arrogant and be appreciative for once of what you have and those who work for you!!!

Last edited:
I applaud the "Muff" for having the balls to post on this website. You are not the first CS guy I have heard this stuff from but usually it is in a more private forum. Its true you have to be a kiss ass to survive CS and keep your mouth and mind shut about all the crap you have to deal with besides the usual pilot stuff. Most dont realize you only get your annual raise if you are a company man who does what he or she is told no matter what company SOPs say or the Regs.

Muff, sorry you were so unhappy at CS. I have to say I think your entire post is full of shi-te. "Nine out of ten pilots I flew with there hate the company and want to leave"...well the fact is I seriously doubt you even flew with nine or ten of our pilots. In fact I would be very surprised if you were even on line more than a couple of months. At any rate, I hope you find greener pastures. Your departure was probably best for both parties.

Stinkbug said:
Muff, sorry you were so unhappy at CS. I have to say I think your entire post is full of shi-te. "Nine out of ten pilots I flew with there hate the company and want to leave"...well the fact is I seriously doubt you even flew with nine or ten of our pilots. In fact I would be very surprised if you were even on line more than a couple of months. At any rate, I hope you find greener pastures. Your departure was probably best for both parties.

The 20 or so CS pilots, I have talked to over the past 6 months said about the same as MUFF. I never once asked for information they offered.

Stinkbug said:

I spoke with an Excel captain two days ago who said basically the same thing. The fact that you are so hostile toward his own point a view makes me wonder what connection you have with management... No place is perfect - certainly NJA, Flex and FLOPS have their own issues. But, this is a democracy and people have a right to their opinions... His viewpoint does not seem unique based on what I have heard from mulitple CS crew members...

Nice post.....you still have to get 500 hours turbine time before you can work there. I don't think this post will change the mind of most pilots dead set on working there, so nice try on trying to dislodge the dream from the earger MESA Air Group pilots--there used to being on their knees mopping sh-t.

HURRY EVERYBODY APPLY NOW AT CS.......aaahhhahahahh

consider the source

Considering the fact that the majority who post here would be disgruntled at any job, the negative comments must be taken with a grain of salt. As in any forum there are those who like to buffalo everyone, a few who make an attempt at holding their remarks accountable, a few who just have some interesting and imformative things to say, and the majority who just lurk and never have or will post. They probably do it for the entertainment value. CS is a good place to work. Perfect it's not, but what place is?

Latest resources

Back