• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Truth about ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I listen to JFK Tower a lot on Liveatc.net, and there is one tower controller that no matter what, no matter how bad the fit is hitting the shan, you can almost see the smile on his face. Dennis, a JFK Tower controller, seems to be one of the easiest going controllers I have heard. Whenever you address him over the radio by name, he always responds with a "hey, how are ya"

Who's the guy who sounds like Alan Alda? He's cool as hell

UA566 cleared to the Bravo outer compass locater via April, V1, Bravo and the Bravo 180 radial. Descend now, cross April at and maintain 6,000. Hold south, expect further clearance at and XX:XX, time now XX:XX. Expect timed approaches over the Bravo locator, expect approach clearance at XX:XX. Report crossing the Bravo 030Radial, 22 DME fix at 6,000. (Yes, the made us compute expected timed approach/approach clearance at intial acceptance)

If you understand this, you are my kind of controller.

Kudos to all !

TransMach

Oh Man!!! Went through all that is 82! All correct except you missed the biggie..."WINDSHIFT, NEW BRAVO WEATHER"!!!

cleared direct Jabbs and cruise 2 thousand intercept the loc... call the tower at jabbs my breath is precious and so is yours so thats all I am gunna say now...

Who's the guy who sounds like Alan Alda? He's cool as hell

I have no idea, but I know exactly who u be talking about - another very cool JFK Tower Controller who seems to be unflappable when the proverbial fit is impaling itself on the shan...

Latest resources

Back