• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Truth about Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since when did Myspace Tom become an "expert" in aviation? Is this one of those thesus' he got a D on in college because he spent all his time creating a place for friends?

What's a thesus, XTOOL? Did you mean Theseus, the legendary King of Athens? Or did you mean thesis, which is Greek for an intellectual position. As in "XTOOL is one of the biggest idiots of all time." That would be a thesis statement and then I would prove my position by reposting all your drivel that you have ever put up here. You are perhaps the least qualified person on here (with the exception of HelloNewman) to judge anothers expertise in aviation. I think I would probably take Toms opinion over yours anyday. Now go dispatch somebody.

It still makes me cringe when they point out that we can only "work" 1000 hours per year. It's so misleading.

Maybe I should point out that my payroll is showing I'm on track for about 2500 hours this year. Yet I barely break 50 hours a month flight time, so I'm far under the legal limits.

The whole hourly rate thing is so misleading to the general public, they should just leave it at annual salary.

Ok, then...what are you (we) doing about it then?
It' hard to do anything when you try to talk to a Union rep and all he says is "Well, there is nothing we can really do at the moment, this is something we will have to approach at our next negotiation"

Approach it? How about we demand it and if not, strike.

I think I would probably take Toms opinion over yours anyday. Now go dispatch somebody.

Why, yessah, Massah Gnarloooo, yessah. May ah cleenz tha piss splattah offa ya shooz today, Massah Gnarloooo? I'z sorray mah drivel done gotchoooo dahn, Massah Gnarlooo. U'z shurly iz da bestest der iz, Massah Gnarloooo. U'z sho' iz boss.

It's interesting, when I tell friends outside of the industry what pilots make nowadays, they stand in shock, then they tell me how much they like Airtran and Jetblue. I hate to say it, but until some major accidents happen one after the next, the public won't care one bit. They just want to fly cheaply....until they can't fly safely.

It's interesting, when I tell friends outside of the industry what pilots make nowadays, they stand in shock, then they tell me how much they like Airtran and Jetblue. I hate to say it, but until some major accidents happen one after the next, the public won't care one bit. They just want to fly cheaply....until they can't fly safely.

Does anyone not believe this to be the case? It stinks, but this is what it will take to get folks to care about the quality of their flight crews.

Why should they? Care about the flight crews, that is? Expedia saves the day.

hate to be even more pessimestic . . . but not even accidents will stop people flying for cheap money. Southwest slid off the runway in MDW, and they're still packing them in there. Doubt if those pax even know anything at all about the accident anyways.

It still makes me cringe when they point out that we can only "work" 1000 hours per year. It's so misleading.

Daz a cuz Mahspayz Tahm iz uh ecspurt wen it cumz to ava-ashun. Hiz ecspurteez in da feeyild dun tellz him datz u ownlee werks a towzund ow-erz ah yeer. Knot twintee fie hundid. He iz ecspurt. I'z no nuttin. nuttin atawl.

Latest resources

Back