Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The thanks you get for not supporting AMFA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
NWA wants $190M in cuts from IAM
Wednesday September 28, 11:06 am ET

Northwest Airlines Corp. is seeking $190 million in annual cost savings from its baggage handlers, clerks, reservation agents and ground workers union, according to media reports.

Eagan-based Northwest had previously targeted $107 million in cuts from the 14,000-member International Association of Mechanics. The proposal includes 12.5 percent wage cuts for IAM's highest paid members, as well as the widespread outsourcing of jobs except at the airline's hubs in the Twin Cities, Detroit and Memphis. Northwest said that if a deal is not reached soon, it will ask a bankruptcy judge to throw out the airline's current contract with IAM.

EMB170Pilot said:
Hey canyonblue...under your name it should read, The PRICE is wrong bitch. not wright....

You mean Bob Barker doesn't host The Wright is Right?

I get the feeling NWA management has choreographed every move in this struggle. I don't think it has varied from their plan from a year or two ago.

I bet they had a plan if the pilots and F/As had walked. It was (is) a no win situation for labor at NWA.

Without a doubt I am disturbed by the union busting at NWA. I just don't know what the right answer is on how the pilots should deal with it. I don't know what I would have done if I was there.

I wonder how management will go. Despite filing on the same day as Delta, I think they will wait until Delta gets their plan together before undercutting them and UAL. They have more cash and less debt and can string it out longer.

I'm not buying the merger thing with Delta. Not at this stage. Too many things have to change before that is even a possibility.

Last edited:
FlyBoeingJets said:
I get the feeling NWA management has choreographed every move in this struggle. I don't think it has varied from their plan from a year or two ago.

I bet they had a plan if the pilots and F/As had walked. It was (is) a no win situation for labor at NWA.

They have a plan alright.....right out of Lorenzo's playbook. Richard Anderson didn't want any part of it, so he got out.

Without a doubt I am disturbed by the union busting at NWA. I just don't know what the right answer is on how the pilots should deal with it. I don't know what I would have done if I was there.

There's no black and white answer. It's like finding out your girlfriend is actually your cousin.

I'm not buying the merger thing with Delta. Not at this stage. Too many things have to change before that is even a possibility

Agree.....they have to concentrate on screwing everybody except Management right now. Latest proposal.......28% wage cuts. They're not happy, until you're not happy.

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
They have a plan alright.....right out of Lorenzo's playbook.

As distasteful as it may of appeared before, that is why all the unions should of put their diffrences aside and supported the mechanics.

We made the mistake in 83 and the rest is history. Unfortunately, NWA ALPA is about to learn a very hard lesson. As are the rest of the employees.

Latest resources

Back