The supposed ASA sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twott driver

Surely there is no sense in selling off ASA before filing ch 11?

Possibly once in ch 11, but it doesn't make sense to me to do it before. Am I missing something?

Why ASA and not comair?

twott driver said:

Possibly once in ch 11, but it doesn't make sense to me to do it before. Am I missing something?

Why ASA and not comair?

I'm starting to agree with you. I think ASA and/or CMR will be sold, but not before BK. Of course that doesn't mean its that far in the future.

twott driver said:

Why ASA and not comair?

What's 300 million going to do for them anyway? Lately I think they'll need the 'assets' in court, the cash wouldn't do them good for long. General likes to say it will unload billions of debt, so from that angle, maybe it makes sense.

Also, any airline that buys either one is going to be limited in what they can do for them. I'm not naive enough to think that Delta can't live without ASA or Comair, but you can't change what either one does in ATL or CVG overnight. Selling it off for a quick buck costs a lot more in the long run.

wouldn't a company have more flexibility with ASA b/c of the contract situation? quick way to ram through their work rules & pay scale?

Why would anybody buy ASA/Comair, fire sale or not, if it came with billions in RJ debt?

Latest resources

Back