• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

The supposed ASA sale

twott driver

Total Time
Surely there is no sense in selling off ASA before filing ch 11?

Possibly once in ch 11, but it doesn't make sense to me to do it before. Am I missing something?

Why ASA and not comair?

michael707767

Total Time
twott driver said:

Possibly once in ch 11, but it doesn't make sense to me to do it before. Am I missing something?

Why ASA and not comair?

I'm starting to agree with you. I think ASA and/or CMR will be sold, but not before BK. Of course that doesn't mean its that far in the future.

Smacktard

Total Time
4000+
twott driver said:

Why ASA and not comair?

What's 300 million going to do for them anyway? Lately I think they'll need the 'assets' in court, the cash wouldn't do them good for long. General likes to say it will unload billions of debt, so from that angle, maybe it makes sense.

Also, any airline that buys either one is going to be limited in what they can do for them. I'm not naive enough to think that Delta can't live without ASA or Comair, but you can't change what either one does in ATL or CVG overnight. Selling it off for a quick buck costs a lot more in the long run.

patriot88

Total Time
wouldn't a company have more flexibility with ASA b/c of the contract situation? quick way to ram through their work rules & pay scale?

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
Why would anybody buy ASA/Comair, fire sale or not, if it came with billions in RJ debt?