• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

....the state of dispatch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My thoughts and prayers go out to those who have lost their jobs. Been there done that....never fun!

<hugs>

Move DX to somewhere out of the great backwoods, then I am sure that problem would go away - make it somewhere commutable, and I am sure that SKW DX would be flush with dispatchers.

I, for one, dont want to live in the backwoods of UT; and my wife would s%%t a brick if I even suggested it to her.

I don't particular like living behind the walls of Zion. Not too many backwoods here to speak of. Just a lot of sandstone, lava rock and some crusty limestone, but hey, one day, we will have an airport that will be able to handle the RJ. On the brighter side, sgu has mild winters, Vegas is close by, non union, pay is probably the best in the regionals, excellent travel agreements, awesome co-workers including the scheduler plus a newly built In-N-Out, hmm. I guess it's not that bad, but it's still too fricken hot in the summer. Anyway, get me to a beach every so often and I shall survive.

I don't particular like living behind the walls of Zion. Not too many backwoods here to speak of. Just a lot of sandstone, lava rock and some crusty limestone, but hey, one day, we will have an airport that will be able to handle the RJ. On the brighter side, sgu has mild winters, Vegas is close by, non union, pay is probably the best in the regionals, excellent travel agreements, awesome co-workers including the scheduler plus a newly built In-N-Out, hmm. I guess it's not that bad, but it's still too fricken hot in the summer. Anyway, get me to a beach every so often and I shall survive.

Dont forget, low crime rates, clean air, Ski the greatest snow on earth within 90 minutes, 2 National parks within 90 minutes, LAS within 90 minutes, (see the 90 minute thing here? most peoples commutes from home to work in a big city are 90 minutes.)

Besides, SGU is the second fastest growing city in the U.S. Apparently its not that backwoods. People from all over are moving here. Of course, you cant buy a house anymore, as the cost of housing has gone through the roof!!!

I don't particularly like SGU, either...but, as 10nCLR posted...there are upsides.

I work with some great people who will CYA in a pinch, in a pretty good, mostly non-hostile work environment, for a company that looks to have it together financially (knock on wood). We've got a great training department and there are very, very few I worry about taking a passdown from. Considering what I came from, I'm quite happy with the job.

The travel agreements aren't as spectacular now that we are going under the Delta ZED program...but that is what it is. Tons of jumpseat agreements make up for that.

Vegas is a quick drive down I-15...Cedar City is even closer for when you need some cool air.

Dude, that In-N-Out opens and we are all gonna get so much fatter than we already are.

On a related note... best wishes to our colleagues at ATA, Aloha, Champion, and Skyway. Remember them when complaining about the job you have.
Ditto that...I wish them and their families all the best through this mess.

Last edited:
Wait wait... THE IN N OUT FINALLY OPENED?!?!?!?!?!?

Not yet. From my inquiry via email....

"From: Customer Service
To: me

Regarding your inquiry at the IN-N-OUT Burger Web Site

Dear me:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Although we do not have a specific date at this time for our Washington, UT location, we hope to open in May. This information will also be reflected on our Web Site.

N.... Z.....
Customer Service
Representative"

Of course names were edited....

Move DX to somewhere out of the great backwoods, then I am sure that problem would go away - make it somewhere commutable, and I am sure that SKW DX would be flush with dispatchers.

I, for one, dont want to live in the backwoods of UT; and my wife would s%%t a brick if I even suggested it to her.

Where would you suggest they move to have people suddenly beating down the door? How many people would not move and have to be replaced? It's not as simple as you make it sound. Don't believe me? How many people at TWA didn't move when DX moved from JFK to STL?

Latest resources

Back