• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The sell-out materializes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's so great about it? Endeavor has been operating them for a couple of years now. The video makes it look like it's such a groundbreaking event. Too bad for Eagle that it says Eagle on it.

I'm sorry, I forget what PSA stands for.

It was formed shortly after WW2 with a DC3 to fly sailors from SAN to OAK or thereabouts, with really hot "stewardesses" as the main attraction. Yes, that was part of the business plan. Some things don't change...and shouldn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Southwest_Airlines

And for the historians:

http://www.amazon.com/Poor-Sailors-...60116507&sr=8-1&keywords=poor sailors airline

I flew copilot for Capt. Carl "Boots" Elliott, one of the original PSA pilots. P40 and P38 pilot, WW2...South Pacific. I heard the story from him directly. He was there in SAN when someone said, "Hey, why don't we start an airline ?". So, they did.

The airline has a very proud history, largely ignored as most proud histories are, eventually. Most people don't look far enough back into that history to understand where they came from.

I guess times have changed. Sad in a way?

Last edited:
PSA is former Jetstream Airlines out of Dayton, Ohio. Became PSA when becoming a wholly owned subsidery of USAirways, and took the name of an old airline that was merged into the USAir group....much like Allegheny and Piedmont, having nothing to do with their former namesakes.

Latest resources

Back