The Republic Visits ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrjdriver

According to DL planning, CHQ will fly numerous routes out of ATL on the DCI side from 01/02/06 through 04/30/06. They are slated to be GTR, HOU, SAT and TYS with ISP, SBN and SDF beginning 01/05/06. Is this a temporary thing until ASA can get more a/c online or will we start to see more EMBs floating through ramps 4 and 5?

Any thoughts...

Doesnt sound like anything new. Youve got just about every airline flying out of the various hubs now. ASA in MCO, ASA in SLC, Comair in ATL, etc etc. Its not new flying, so who cares.

Would hate to see us shrink b/c we refuse to take concessions or bough down to mgmt! It's happening all over the industry, spreading like cancer through out and if we dont get a hold on it we will ALL regret our career path.

atlcrjdriver said:
Is this a temporary thing until ASA can get more a/c online or will we start to see more EMBs floating through ramps 4 and 5?

Any thoughts...
Not a temporary thing. Republic uses the E170. ALPA has allowed a very limited number of 70 seat jets to be operated by DCI. Unfortunately this is a beginning of a trend and the E170 is the future.

CHQ operates 50 seaters, so we might see them on C & D. Who knows where the E170's will be parked.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight regarding DCI:

In the old days (not that long ago), ATL was all ASA, CVG was all Comair, and SLC was all Skywest. LGA used to be all ACA/ACJet, now who does it?

The question is: Where do ASA, Comair and Skywest predominantly fly out of now? And where do Mesa, CHQ and Shuttle figure in regarding DCI?

Trying to sort it all out, thanks.

I'd sure hate to see this industry erode further. I'm know I'm living large on my $22 an hour.

atlcrjdriver said:
According to DL planning, CHQ will fly numerous routes out of ATL on the DCI side from 01/02/06 through 04/30/06. They are slated to be GTR, HOU, SAT and TYS with ISP, SBN and SDF beginning 01/05/06. Is this a temporary thing until ASA can get more a/c online or will we start to see more EMBs floating through ramps 4 and 5?

Any thoughts...

Is it going to be 145 or 170 flying?

RP170 said:
Is it going to be 145 or 170 flying?
Sounds like it would be CHQ flying, it would S5 flying if it were anything else.

I can't imagine a 70 seater needed for stuff to GTR.......

The DLportal and Travelnet says these a/c will not be the EMB170. That would be overkill for GTR and ISP. They will be the 35 - 50 seat version and share the spots at ramps 3-5.

Fly Safe...

ANSWER: 1 ERJ to GTR, 1 ERJ to HOU, 1 ERJ to SAT, 1 ERJ to TYS, 2 ERJ's to ISP, 2 ERJ's to SBN, & 2 ERJ's to SDF. All are 50 seaters.

SOURCE: Delta Travelnet

Latest resources

Back