• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

The redemption of Aviation

LRvsH25B

Total Time
9K+
After several months of aviation as a whole getting kicked in the teeth, it was great to see the US Air flight ditch with no loss of life and great flying by the Capt and F/O. I suspect when/if they release the CVR, you'll hear professionalism at it finest. Granted this was commercial aviation and not corporate, I am still very proud of the 2 pilots and 3 F/A for making the rest of us look good. Things could have been a lot worse, but skill was on their side. When the rubber meets the road, it's amazing what we can do as trained professionals. It's one of those deals where the crew used their exceptional judgement and in doing so, and through no fault of their own, they were unable to avoid a situation requiring use of their exceptional skills. I'm certain any of us would have had the same sucess. Today was their day; today was our day! Thanks guys............

hobbsmeter

V-Speed Master
Total Time
11K+
Well said my friend, well said!
That is EXACTLY how I feel but wasn't able to say so eloquently (it's almost 330am lol).

siouxicide

Gimme yo' change
Total Time
0-9000
I just wish the media would ask the pax of that flight if they think the pilots are overpaid bus drivers.

aubrey770

Total Time
Enough
All of us hope-wish-think that we would respond in the same manner as Captain Sully. He proved professionalism at its best. Hats off to him and his crew.

stupidpilot

Registered Moron
Total Time
Alot
Ditto.