Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Profession: What to do, Opportunity, and nowhere else to go but up(?).

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In addition, never before in airline history have so many CBA's been amenable at the same time. The ability with a Pro Labor Administration, to simultaneously strike or threaten to strike is powerful leverage.

The Perfect Storm hit us in Sept 2001 and kept on battering us till 2007. Management leveraged that storm against us, took advantage of us and decimated the profession.

So how did us management types take advantage of you?

You had the right to strike when the bankruptcy contracts were forced upon you. In fact, I recall ALL SORTS of bluster by the UAL, NWA, and DAL MEC's to strike if management tried to impose a contract on them.

So for all of the threats and hot air, which one of those pilot groups stood up for the profession? Which one stood up for their dignity? Which one followed through on their empty threats?

So much for management taking advantage of you. Take a look in the mirror for the real perp.

Sorry buddy, but you're going to need more than the Messsiah to save you. I am already busy consulting with fellow airline managers on what I am calling "Frankies lowered expectations tour." We will be cranking out all sorts of gloom and doom to the pilots, reassuring them another trip to bankruptcy court is right around the corner.

By the time voting comes around, we should have the "I'm just happy to have a job" vote at or above the 51% we need.

What we need to HOPE for is 95% of Americans use their $1,000 Obama tax credit to buy an airline ticket, a new car, and pay the mortgage.

Great plan Mr. Spread the wealth around.

Let's all HOPE taking earned money from the rich will give us that warm fuzzy feeling we are all looking for.
Pretty sure this is the anger stage of recovery.

It's more than that nimrod.......And I don't mean more money I mean more will change......When your next in White Plains and there are 10 hawkers lined up in front of you with about 14 execs total on board between all ten planes. You won't have to say gee I wonder if it is fair that my passengers are paying about 30-40 percent of their ticket price in taxes WHILE THE RICH EXECS PAYS ABOUT 3 PERCENT

With a progressive tax based hoepfully put into place it will mean finally Corporate aviation will be forced to pay at least a portion of their fare share. This will help lift the burden the airlines are being forced to pay.

And yes my numbers aren't exact but they are used to get the point across.

Just keep thumping your chest Rez, eventually SOMEONE will make you the leader you dream to be by following you off the ALPA cliff.

....Rez is a legend in his own mine...Get with the program Box Office...Put on your pom poms.....Gosh darn't you can do it and people like you....

And yes my numbers aren't exact but they are used to get the point across.

Anybody can make up numbers to get their point across. Come with facts and then you can really make strides at getting your point across.

Why are the US industries in the most trouble unionized?

ALPA is a joke that no one is laughing at anymore. The concept was and still is good. They need to trim the fat and go back to the basics. The "MEN" who founded ALPA's jobs were not working for ALPA. Look at the great group of guys that founded them along with their intention and take heed.

ALPA and Obama are similar in that they want to throw out and "CHANGE" everything the respective founding fathers created. And in the very least, both want your 401K.

....Rez is a legend in his own mine...

What's a mine? Does it explode when it is stepped on or does it produce some sort of coal/diamond?

Get with the program Box Office...Put on your pom poms.....Gosh darn't you can do it and people like you....

Or we could get with the joemerchant program. Join the rjdc - sue the world. Or try to steal the seniority of other pilots at other carriers, get stuck in a go nowhere career, and of course the ever popular, date a fat chick!:laugh:

Anybody can make up numbers to get their point across. Come with facts and then you can really make strides at getting your point across.

Yes the number are not exact but they are very close. If your so closed minded to not see what is really happening to this country you should leave it.

Convincing a man of a truth when his job depends upon a lie is not easy.

Latest resources

Back