The plan: Fly to where Jetblue and Airtran DO NOT, yet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tomct said:
:cool:General, I agree with some of what you and fins have said. The main problem is that we have to many pilot groups pissed at each other. One way to get rid of the dreaded Scope, would be to get the furloughed guys back ASAP and merge the lists! This would put an end to all of the bull$hit that goes on out there! Then we could slowly dump the 50 seaters and move onto bigger airplanes.
The main reason Big D bought so many RJ's( I believe) was to maintain Delta presence where a mainline aircraft just could not make money! Yes, with fuel prices going up you need more seats to spread the cost around, but we are limited. Believe me, I would much rather fly a big airplane for Delta rather than a Connection, but we are all on the same team, RIGHT!(ASA/COMAIR)
None of us wants Big D to go BK, but whatever happens is decided waaaaaayyyyyyy above my paygrade!
I only want the best for Delta and hope that it all can be worked out.
Later,
Tomct:D

You may be onto something. I was never against that, and it would have made it easier to add different sized aircraft, with everyone having a chance to bid it. If an ASA guy (now DL guy) wanted to bid 737-700 FO in MCO (for example), and nobody else wanted it---then he would get it. If a DL 767 FO wanted to bid CR7 Captain for seniority purposes, he could have done it. That would have been nice. But, the problem was that some of the ASA pilots (I rode on a jumpseat at ASA and the Capt told me he wanted DOH) wanted a bit too much. (probably Comair too) It would have been nice had it happened, and a lot could have been accomplished. We will see what happens with BK, but I think we will be alright in the end. Take care.

Counselair,

I agree with that term. We do have a lot of them, and they show pictures of their "children"---the cats! Yeesh.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back