Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The pilots unions are no different than the fed gov't and politicians in washington!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ApocketA's_145

Sad behind closed doors the Senators and House members get paid off to ram legislation down the American peoples throats! Airlines managements pay off Unions to ram bad contracts down pilots throats to make it better for the the company!!! SO SAD THAT AIRLINE UNIONS ARE EXACTLY LIKE POLITICIANS IN WASHINGTON!!! ITS THE GOVERENMENT vs. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND ITS THE AIRLINE MANAGMENTS AND UNIONS vs. THE AIRLINE PILOTS!!!

Sad behind closed doors the Senators and House members get paid off to ram legislation down the American peoples throats! Airlines managements pay off Unions to ram bad contracts down pilots throats to make it better for the the company!!! SO SAD THAT AIRLINE UNIONS ARE EXACTLY LIKE POLITICIANS IN WASHINGTON!!! ITS THE GOVERENMENT vs. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND ITS THE AIRLINE MANAGMENTS AND UNIONS vs. THE AIRLINE PILOTS!!!

Who puts these people on office? Sad that most people don't get involved until they feel they are getting screwed....Maybe we should ALL get a little more involved...Just a thought...

Who puts these people on office? Sad that most people don't get involved until they feel they are getting screwed....Maybe we should ALL get a little more involved...Just a thought...
actually not all... someone tells me the XJT chairman was appointed not elected! So, not all are elected, some are appointed because they want the company man to be thugs and screw the pilots.

actually not all... someone tells me the XJT chairman was appointed not elected! So, not all are elected, some are appointed because they want the company man to be thugs and screw the pilots.

The MEC Chairman is elected by the MEC...Which are voted in by the pilots and can be recalled by the pilots...Most pilots don't know how the system works.

Just like our senators were supposed to be appointed by our State governments, which were elected by the people. That, among many other things (like the filibuster killing 60 votes instead of the original 2/3rd) has largely neutered a crucial element of our Republic and basicaly given us 2 Houses of Represenatives with little more than staggered term limits/legths separating them. The hard shift towards mobocracy/populism has been in full swing for quite some time.

Joe is right though, most people don't know (or care) how the system works. To all too many, it's "here's your 2% now bring me the grand slam contract with lost inflation disguised as "big raises" every 5 years and leave me alone unless I need something."

With unions as with politics, we get what we vote for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back