Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Perfect STORM: Oil Gets Above $49 - Not Good....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
Spoken like a true idiot.

The reason that your legacy carriers are in such a mess is because of bad management and greedy unions. Blaming other pilots for working a other carriers is just wishful thinking.

Try to get your mind around this one, pal:

Your carrier is keeping MY wages low by dumping seats into the marketplace at a price that you can't make money at. How do you like that? And you are perpetuating it by voting in lower and lower pay rates to enable them to keep doing it for longer, thereby depressing MY wages . . . . friggin' legacy scab!

Heh-heh.

Nice try Ty but I remember when you AirTrash guys were begging for DAL jobs after contract 2000.. no sorry, that dog don't hunt either... But I will say this, at least AirTrash pays better than JB....

as for Scab.... you AirTrash guys of all guys should be careful how you throw that one around.. :D

"no pal, you get a grip! ... JB320, so where's your pension plan? A and B fund?? "

I don't know about getting a grip, however I do know where my pension plan is after fifteen years of working for a legacy carrier. Gone!! If your retirement savings are not in your name, in an account that your company cannot touch you, in the simplest of terms, do not have a retirement plan. What you have is a lottery ticket. Hope you feel lucky on your 60th birthday.

V70T5 said:
Nice try Ty but I remember when you AirTrash guys were begging for DAL jobs after contract 2000.. no sorry, that dog don't hunt either... But I will say this, at least AirTrash pays better than JB....
That just goes to show how times have changed, and apparently you haven't learned to change with them. I didn't work for AirTran before 9/11, so I don;t know how many guys went to DAL, but I'll bet ALL of them wish that they hadn;t now.

[QUOTE/]as for Scab.... you AirTrash guys of all guys should be careful how you throw that one around.. :D[/QUOTE]
If we have 50 scabs here out of 950 pilots, that's about 1% of the pilots here. Doubt your carrier has less than that.

While we're talking about names, that "AirTrash" stuff is really funny- if you're about 12. Looking at our equipment, and yours, which is a mishmash of thirty years' of different paint schemes, well, let's just say the "1980's Air Museum" called, and they're ready for your -200's. Send 'em on over, Rover.

As for yourself- you are obviously a very unhappy guy. Why else would you be spending your time on this board lashing out at people you've never met and wouldn;t have the stones to look at sideways while sitting at a stoplight in your Swedish Grocery Getter?

Logoff, pick up the phone, and call fcharter . . . . err, Charter. And if you don;t get help there . . . . .. nevermind.

Last edited:
No sir, I am not depending on and A or B fund either, thanks to our LCC friend... I can't.. I have a chuck of my $$ going into Whole Life insurance, the best investment tool IMHO in this economy.

As for Ty... don't let my colorful words make you think I'm not serious. I am very, very serious... and as a member of ALPA, watching our profession go down the drain thanks to "changing times" which to me is basically code for "LCC" ... I am sure unhappy about it. If you think I need to get a grip, or call for psych help, cool beans dude... I don't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**.. I know that you and your LCC pals are more culpable for the state of this industry than any $50/barrel oil, or any 9/11 attack...

The fact is if we all got paid the same HIGH wage and work under the same work rules... there would be no need to fight among ourselves... Managements would be on these message boards doing it... however, you guys decided to lower the bar, so here we now are.

When you raise it back up, I'll be the first one to eat crow and apologize to you personally.

Yup.

It wasn't gouging the customers

It wasn't shoddy customer service

It wasn't billions wasted by management

It wasn't stuffing people into inefficient RJ's

It wasn't greedy unions

It wasn't an all-time high for oil prices

No, it was those lousy LCC guys. How could I have missed it?

You're right. Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better. Have a nice life, in your little Swedish Station Wagon.

Ty Webb said:
Yup.

It wasn't gouging the customers

It wasn't shoddy customer service

It wasn't billions wasted by management

It wasn't stuffing people into inefficient RJ's

It wasn't greedy unions

It wasn't an all-time high for oil prices

No, it was those lousy LCC guys. How could I have missed it?

You're right. Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better. Have a nice life, in your little Swedish Station Wagon.

That's right, I forgot Airtrash is best rated for customer service, and has one of the best managements in the business world... I forgot. sorry.... (I need to put the crack pipe down)...

And what's wrong with my wagon? What does that have to do with the discussion here?

If you had our management, you wouldn't have 2000 guys on furlough, I'll tell you that. You're living in a dream world, Station-wagon Man. I'm not going to spend more time bringing ou back to reality.

Have a nice life.

TY

:D[/QUOTE]If we have 50 scabs here out of 950 pilots, that's about 1% of the pilots here. Doubt your carrier has less than that.

Who does your descent planning?? I think 50 scabs out of 950 would be about 5%. And 50 sounds a bit low, doesn't it??

Ok for the record; I like your thunder wagon, and think DAL is by and large a good company and was on the "list" to interview there but ended up starting at SWA instead...

So there is your full disclosure ...

V70T5 said:
I know that you and your LCC pals are more culpable for the state of this industry than any $50/barrel oil, or any 9/11 attack...
... however, you guys decided to lower the bar, so here we now are.
Of course I think you are wrong ... does it surprise you that a business model created in a regulated environment cannot prosper in a deregulated one? But who cares what I think? The real question is what to do about it. I hope you guys can develop a plan that works and deliver the lifestyle you desire, but I am pretty sure whinning will not "get 'er done".

There are a lot of guys here that need to go back and read, or re-read Flying The Line, the History of ALPA book.. or we're doomed to repeat history.

I've said/whined enough on this thread.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back