• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Passion.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess you havn't seen it yet, because Satan is in the movie! He's trying to talk Jesus out of dying for our sins in the beginning, and later, he's shown screaming when Jesus completes His work. I'm sure he would make you proud. I guess Jesus did something Satan didn't like, and he sure seemed upset about it. Probably the same reason you seem so threatened by Him. I pray you learn the error of your ways before it's too late, but I don't think you will.

Typhoon1244 said:
Hmm...Satan sounds like a Republican. :D

Typhoon, I thought TB was describing W.

kevdog said:
Typhoon, I thought TB was describing W.
No, because TB said that Satan "cloaks himself in secularism," and that ain't George W.! He can't seem to speak in public without referencing his Christian faith.

On the other hand, if you were Satan, and you'd risen to the Presidency, wouldn't you flaunt your bogus Christianity to throw us all off the track?

Hmm...

Typhoon1244 said:
No, because TB said that Satan "cloaks himself in secularism," and that ain't George W.! He can't seem to speak in public without referencing his Christian faith.

On the other hand, if you were Satan, and you'd risen to the Presidency, wouldn't you flaunt your bogus Christianity to throw us all off the track?

Hmm...

He can't seem to speak in public without referencing his faith because he has faith, and sharing it is guarenteed under the first amendment. But you knew that. :)

Satan will not be president of anything, but many believe the Bible describes what appears to be the antichrist, Satan's servant, rising to the head of the European countries. This appears likely because the Bible makes no mention of the United States, and does vaguely describe Europe. Perhaps to mention the US would have been too confusing to peoples of the Bible, and require it to give instruction in unknown geography.

Whatever the reason, it did not suit God's purpose.

Timebuilder said:
He can't seem to speak in public without referencing his faith because he has faith...
...and we know that because he says so. And he certainly wouldn't lie about it.

Never mind. Y'all go on with this thread without me...I'm busy eating humble pie...

Typhoon1244 said:
...and we know that because he says so. And he certainly wouldn't lie about it.

Never mind. Y'all go on with this thread without me...I'm busy eating humble pie...

I can't think of a reason he would have to lie about it. He trusted Christ as a much younger man, before he had any notion of running for president.

When will they make a movie about me
I've been wondering that very thing, Satan. I mean, the South Park movie was OK ... but I wanna see something real. Something in a more serious vein. How about a heart-warming story of three buds drunk on a cross-country trip in a rat '69 Skyhawk. Think about this ... you, me, and Anton Lavey drunker'n coots zipping around the mid-west trying to make it to Virginia in one piece so you can boil Pat Robersons testicles in oil? Whattaya think, Satan, my man?

Hail Satan ... you da man!

Minh

The Passion of The Bunny...

And in our sickos of the year category...

GLASSPORT, Pa. - First, the Passion of the Christ. Now, the torment of the Easter Bunny?

It may not have been as gruesome as Mel Gibson's movie, but many parents and children got upset when a church trying to teach about Jesus' crucifixion performed an Easter show with actors whipping the Easter bunny and breaking eggs.

People who attended Saturday's show at Glassport's memorial stadium quoted performers as saying, "There is no Easter bunny," and described the show as being a demonstration of how Jesus was crucified.

Melissa Salzmann, who brought her 4-year-old son J.T., said the program was inappropriate for young children. "He was crying and asking me why the bunny was being whipped," Salzmann said.

Patty Bickerton, the youth minister at Glassport Assembly of God, said the performance wasn't meant to be offensive. Bickerton portrayed the Easter rabbit and said she tried to act with a tone of irreverence.

"The program was for all ages, not just the kids. We wanted to convey that Easter is not just about the Easter bunny, it is about Jesus Christ," Bickerton said.

Performers broke eggs meant for an Easter egg hunt and also portrayed a drunken man and a self-mutilating woman, said Jennifer Norelli-Burke, another parent who saw the show in Glassport, a community about 10 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

"It was very disturbing," Norelli-Burke said. "I could not believe what I saw. It wasn't anything I was expecting."

Well, that sure is a weird story.

Since it is doubtful that the whole presentation is as described in the article, the effect was probably not universal among the audience. I'm sure there was much more to the script than whipping a girl in a bunny costume or frightening a child.

I might have suggested a different approach, but I'm certain the message about the nature of Resurrection Sunday and the difference of an early pagan fertility celebration was made.

Weird, yes. Sick? I'm not sure about that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back