Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The owner wants to listen in on cockpit communications.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.....or the job you lose due to a private conversation or a slip in the cockpit could be just as valuable.

Its his airplane but its your workplace. 600su might not have seen some of the excentries of certain owners flying checks.

The Charter/Management company I used to work for had an owner with this set-up in his E90. They were inherently paranoid people anyway - packed a survival kit on every flight, wouldn't fly together, would cancel the flight if it was raining or worse, etc.. Great folks to be around, just weird. I never saw him put the headset on nor did anyone else that flew the airplane but it the jack was there and a headset was stored in the back.

When I was at the fracs, we had a guy that always brought a defribillator (sp) with him! And then he would always ask us where we were from. Mind you I flew him around for 6 years!

.....or the job you lose due to a private conversation or a slip in the cockpit could be just as valuable.

Its his airplane but its your workplace. 600su might not have seen some of the excentries of certain owners flying checks.

Ahhh...so my opinion is worthless. Why could you not have simply left the last sentence out. It serves no purpose.

Every one of us has a boss. No, I have not had the pleasure flying mine around in an airplane but I have had the chance to work closely with some and, given the choice, would prefer to establish a relationship and show them exactly what it is I do. Yes some have their eccentricities. I have had those bosses as well. I've worked for complete pricks; guys who would just as soon I not bother them with the boring details of my simple life. I hope I am fortunate enough to always work for someone who takes an interest in what I'm doing.

Every one of us has a workplace. Perhaps it's not the place for a private conversation that could put your job in jeopardy. If the conversation is such that your boss would be inclined to fire you upon overhearing it then perhaps it's best for all involved that you part ways.

My point was simply that people with that much money and power tend to get their way in the end. I just think that the benefits of involving the boss outweigh the risks.

Last edited:
Tell him he can llisten(evesdrop?) to your cockpit conversation if you can sit in on all of his most important biz meetings! :D Like any of us would really want to do that, huh?

I wouldn't worry. If you provide this ability for the boss, he'll listen in once or twice and then get bored with it and never use it again. All of our planes have this feature and I think in the several years I've been flying them I've once seen it being used. The bottom line is it's his plane.

Latest resources

Back