Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freight Dawg

What can Brown do for you
The 604's & 605's have been parked, NetJets will upgrade 200+ FO's. The decertification is a Ricci dream, why, because he will gain a huge financial windfall if there is no scope clause to deal with, makes things easier. In fact if you go to Ricci's own company website, whose aircraft is on it? Not Flex nor Options. If you really research what capital groups are involved and who the people are, you can connect the dots. The Ogre likes moats, big moats.

http://www.directionalaviation.com/

DING DING DING

JW texted yesterday voting the union out gives the company a huge competitive advantage. My immediate question was which company?

Exactly how do you think it will give them competitive advantage? By paying us more and working us less? No, by making sure he can squeeze every dime and work hour out of us. As for customers, good luck seeing if any of those savings really filter down to you. Even if it does, if putting your life at risk to save a few grand is worth it then good luck with that too.

For those of you who think it means competition in the hiring market I suggest you te-read Ricci's book and remind yourself of what he boldly admits he thinks about 80% of his employees. Additionally just look recent hiring trends and our readjustment of requirements to judge for yourself what they mean by competitive advantage.

Either way, Flexjet pilots will get what they deserve. So you have to ask yourself what you're really worth.

I heard there are close to 100 PRIA requests in. As pilots get ready to decide their future in light of the vote and are setting up their ducks, you'd think management would finally get it. If this vote does not keep the union I expect a mass exodus right about the same time you have just handed management back the keys to your kingdom. Welcome back rolling rest and punishment for professionalism. Oh and since we have to park a ton of planes due to staffing issues, let's add a pay deduction to it so the company can hail mary a pass for survival.

DING DING
I heard there are close to 100 PRIA requests in. As pilots get ready to decide their future in light of the vote and are setting up their ducks, you'd think management would finally get it. If this vote does not keep the union I expect a mass exodus right about the same time you have just handed management back the keys to your kingdom. Welcome back rolling rest and punishment for professionalism. Oh and since we have to park a ton of planes due to staffing issues, let's add a pay deduction to it so the company can hail mary a pass for survival.

Lets not forget with the amount of pilots leaving Flexjet the rest will be required to pick up the slack.
The good old “ be a team player and repo this aircraft as part 91” and give yourself a 16 hour duty day.

I too am getting my ducks in a row and saving for a pay cut to go elsewhere. It will be worth it in the long run.

I am however, putting Flight Options on all of my applications so as not to be associated with Flexjet.

I have left this silliness far behind me and feel sorry for the good guys to fly with still stuck there. Was starting over tough, yes. Financially, it was a kick in the nads. Second year pay, I’m already ahead of where I left off at Flex, work way less and have more days off. When I interviewed, they asked why I was leaving Flex and what the deal is over there. I was honest and candid about it. They were shocked looking to say the least. I received a call the next day with an offer to put my mind at ease since I was so worried about my future. The word is out. There is hope for now. A decert at Flex will be a blemish in anyone’s resume’ after that. Pilots talk and I don’t know if a single airline that doesn’t have pilots on the hiring board. Think wisely

Have a Interview tomorrow at a carrier, Im not waiting for the hammer to drop. But I will stay long enough for my vote to count.

Have a Interview tomorrow at a carrier, Im not waiting for the hammer to drop. But I will stay long enough for my vote to count.

Good luck with the interview, I’m sure many more following you out of there! The garbage they pumped out today from a lame press release was completely laughable.

I didn't realize that Flex Jet Red Label pilots made so much money :laugh:. I guess they will be on NetJets pay soon enough :beer:

Yes, if they’re VERY lucky.

Lucky yes but hopefully not foolish.

I hope every Red Label pilot out there realizes two things:

1 ) The only thing that guarantees their salary is the MCBA staying in place. They might see the union as being anti Red Label but the truth is the union fought hard to protect these pilots under the MCBA. The union's ONLY issue with Red Label is it's non-adherance to seniority. Ditto with work rules and hard days off.

2 ) The very Union they think is against them is currently fighting for them to get their promised bonus that management conveniently can't pay because of their inability to track the data. Do you remember the STIP? The only entity making sure the rug does not get pulled out from under you is the Union. Do you remember the pilot (now gone) who had to pull his kid out of college when the STIP did not get paid? You have a right to be able to count on money promised to you actually clears the bank. The union feels that way too.

Any Red Label pilot voting to decertify is taking a huge gamble. Management has already shown us how they will make decisions without the Union there to protect us. There's no argument to this fact.

What's that saying - Fool me once? Well they've already used up their "once" a few to many times.

Latest resources

Back