Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The newest trend in Airline Fees...Al Gore dream come true!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am starting a company that sells carbon offsets. If you send me $20.00 I will register you in my data base. Then in the future you can apply for an offset from my company and I will calculate the cost ($100.00- $1,000,000.00) for you I will then, upon receipt of your payment feed a cow a new formula feed that doesn't cause gas. It will reduce methane gas in the atmosphere by .0000000000000000001 percent. Methane not carbon is the true global killer.

"STL717...a 'Mr. Galileo' on line two!"

Even into the 70's there were doctors insisting cigarette smoking wasn't harmful. As short as two years ago, Dr. Bill Frist was diagnosing Terri Schiavo as "responsive" via video tape, from the floor of the US Senate.

In the case of both of those "scientists" the final result indicates they mighta been wrong.

You can still claim otherwise. Build that soapbox real high so that when you fall the pain will be brief...and the conclusion, certain.

Maybe Gore should follow his own advice...

From the Tennessee Policy:

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”
Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

When you mix science with politics your predictions and theories will never be accurate because rather than approaching the problem with an open mind you tend to have the solution made up before the problem has been properly identified. Why has this become a left vs right issue?

Everything wrong with this world is not the fault of the USA.

Open your mind, put down the Gore book and THINK!

There is far more CO2 given off naturally than any humans' produce, combined.But people like Gore don't really want to talk about that. Humans make up less than 5 percent of ALL carbon dioxide output. The majority of it comes from things like volcanos. What does Mr. Gore purposed to do about this huge source. It's BS.

Carbon Offsets are an absolute Scam so people cn feel good without changing anything.

How many of these people who buy carbon offsets drive SUV's, or have 12000 sq ft houses (AlGORE) or fly private jets(AL GORE) or drink bottled water instead of tap. all that is easily changed bevaior that isn't, cause someone thinks Carbon Offsets actually count for something.

So the world's still flat? Sweet.

Liberal or conservative, go watch "An Inconvenient Truth." All myths debunked.

Or as Neil Young said: "Got a man of the people, says 'Keep hope alive.' Got fuel to burn, got roads to drive..."

SCR

Somewhere a tree needs a hug..................

Yes, Al Gore and Neil Young are definitely the sages I would turn to for a definitive answer on this subject. Perhaps you should consult Barbra Streisand and Jane Fonda for some advice on the war in Iraq.

Yes, Al Gore and Neil Young are definitely the sages I would turn to for a definitive answer on this subject. Perhaps you should consult Barbra Streisand and Jane Fonda for some advice on the war in Iraq.

As opposed to seasoned warriors like "W" and Cheney?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back