The New USA JET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not necessarily

But you can tell if you made the wrong one well before then.
What you thought was a wrong decision, may turn out after while to be a good decision. i.e. The pilot turned down DAL, because he had a job at JB in 2000, he fretted about loosing all the seniority at DAL even thought he made CA at JB in his first year. But his JB earnings would never match his potential DAL earnings. By 2004 he realized that what he thought was a bad decision was actually a good decision.

no just the opposite they got the MD and brought 2 freighters back up, plus 191 back in pax business.

The MD-83 was not bought, its just a temporary thing to see if they can fill it, and it was only one freighter, a falcon.

things change

The MD-83 was not bought, its just a temporary thing to see if they can fill it, and it was only one freighter, a falcon.
things change, what is true today may not be true tommrow

things change, what is true today may not be true tommrow

I agree, things could change, its just said that 75% of the maintenance staff that is currently working there were spared the layoff or hired back because they either play hockey, golf, or say yes all the time even when sometimes the answer should be no. Very sad.

What ever happened with the NNSA investigation of the DC-9 hangar smashing. I heard the individual responsable is still employed there. I would say working there but the guy in question spends most of his time trying to kill time rather than work.

Things must be pretty good, 8 new pilots starting on Monday 11-16

I just filed a lien on some work I carried for Toyota brokered by Active Aero and haven't been paid in 60+ days. Every time I call AP to check on payment of any outstanding invoices, the clerks have to figure out which of the 4+ companies' books they put our invoice to lie about when checks will be issued. Maybe Toyota will rethink their relationship at some point when their business is affected by Active's refusal to pay timely

Even though I increased my pricing specifically for AA flights, I cannot recover the loss of use of my money when I shell out $200 to $750 in ramp/Freight/Forklift Fees on every trip and it takes 60 days to be reimbursed?

Multi-service gets paid in 14 days, BP, Chevron and Shell get paid in 2 to four weeks or they levy 15-30% and AA's clerks, can't fathom why I am pissed 60 days after working for free and paying active's bills?

Just wait until your dispatch or CP start asking you to drop a credit card for fuel-fbo fees on your Falcon or nightingale visit when others start cutting AA off for these same reasons!

Congrats to the dozen that have regained employment I am most profoundly happy for your persistence' pay-off. I am concerned Active's priorities are to continue to grow and compete directly against those of us who have helped AA through this challenging time but are going to continue to get bent over while AA pockets as much as possible and screw whomeverelse along the way as is necessary.

Beware to the newly employed and you idiots in Pontiac, Portland and Kidron who dive hard to be the lowest bidder and be treated this way. Dropping your prices endeavoring for 'Cash Flow' and 'Sales Volume' is a two-edged sword: How some of you pilots are getting paid out of the little amounts your companies are selling you for is unimaginable. That is until I see things like you guys in Kidron doing back to back runs from Texas/Michigan in 11-13 hours of flight time on one pilot; then it all makes sense and I ponder, "what else lingers under the hood?"

100-1/2

Last edited:
Wow, 100-1/2, you sure have an extremely high opinion of yourself. Who appointed you the Freight-dog sheriff? Are there any on-demand operators that you approve of? You don't strike me as a dynamic businessman or leader, but a simple line-pilot masquerading as maybe a DO for some unassuming and unfortunate charter company that just can't find a way to compete against your stronger foes.

You're a natural at spreading blame to everybody but yourself. This company does that, that operator does this, those lying clerks say this, these pilots doing it this way when it should be done that way, those airplanes going back and forth that shouldnt be...............you know what might work better for you, which I think suits you...................drop a letter to the FEDS..................awe, nevermind, got a little carried away.

Dude, quit your fussing and stop doing business with them if they are that bad to work with.........OR..........(sarcasm hat on) keep doing business with them and do the mature thing and come on these boards and rag on them and show us how smart you think you are (sarcasm hat off).

Regards,
a former "idiot" from PTK

Oh? Why yes, I believe I am the supreme sh1t swinger(slinger if you must) in all of aviation. Everywhere I go my tremendous dongle must follow in a 53' refer trailer to keep the swelling down from all the loving I get from all of humanity.

Dare I ask? Would you be a former "idiot" from PTK before or after the MU2 in 2004?

My recollection of the NTSB Final on that one was:

-Prior duty day (documented) 13+ hours with 10.1 Flight as FO in a Lear ended early morning.
-Accident occurred 3hrs of PIC into a duty day that started less than 12 hours after the prior day ended.
-MU2 entered an area of reported moderate/severe ice where radar tracks showed rapidly decreasing airspeed followed by rapid loss in altitude.
-Investigation found no evidence of anti/de-ice equipment engaged and/or operating at the time of the crash.
-Postmortem tox screen showed a large accumulation of unapproved analgesics indicating a significant ailment or sickness was being medicated at the time of the crash.

He was a friend of mine and your wonderfully superior assortment of rickety bolt jars' dispatchers' killed him.

NO CERTIFICATE HOLDER MAY.....
NO PILOT MAY.....

Insert reg here.

So do the math. Dispatch had no business calling him until 24 hours following the first hour of flight expired of the previous duty day. Particularly after documenting 10.1 hours of flight as crew in a 2-pilot operation.

In 2004, if you didn't do it, there were 100 others with less time willing to do it for less money.

Maybe, you were one of the 100 that got the nod after my friend made a hole, literally.

I am guessing you are probably one of those 310/110 PIC's that would run 3+ empty to ND to do 5+ 135 to SC and follow that up with another 3+ empty back to base because you were such a "teamplayer" not to ask the CP for a hotel room in CHS?

Oh, I know, here I go on again about myself. I should shut up and let you do it for me.

It is interesting, your perception of me yet you allow yourself to implicitly to fall upon the "superior 'foe'" side of the story?

I was merely capitalizing on the opportunity to point out the pitfalls I am hearing from fellow vendors if AA fails to regain proper alignment of its priorities. Their biggest customers are some of the worst at paying their own bills and camp lobbyists on the capital for a perpetual bail-out. While they tout their appreciation for and reliance upon 'their supplemental air carriers' they fail to follow-up these words with actions. When Toyota gets a lien filing on work they already paid AA for but AA has not paid the supplemental carrier, the Japanese will not be very happy. Subaru, Honda, Polaris and Toyota are the best things going right now. FBO's that used to bill AA are now taking credit cards from the carriers.

The last post before mine was: [starting a newhire class] "things must be going well". I thought I was posting a "message" of caution that one should be guarded of some of the potential problems on the horizon. While they are of superior arrogance you obviously share in, It shouldn't be a shock to a FA20 or DC9 crew to pull-up somewhere and have a forklift idle until someone comes out of pocket with a credit card that can be swiped.

I do love the part about 'rag on them and show us how smart you think you are'. So well placed. Pertinent indeed. Full of wisdom and insight into pure rubbish for someone obviously graduated from mediocrity to the 'bigtime' Part 125 Job? I am guessing you are one of the fortunates to keep a seat on the nightingale through the turmoil?

Go ahead spin me a web Spidy!

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back