Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" Is a Klown better or worse than a Clown?"

A valid question.

- A "Clown" is a consummate professional who has graduated from a certificated Clown College and is employed in his/her chosen profession.

- A "Klown" on the other hand, is an individual who has failed as a "Clown" having never been accepted to, or having flunked out of, Clown College. They are unemployable as Clowns, but many of these Ass-Clams seem to be perfectly suited to man the ranks of airline management, where a past record of failure is looked upon favorably and generally rewarded.

So, there you have it.

YKW

The etymology of "Ass-Clam" is somewhat ethereal.

While it has never before been seen in print, at least in the English language, it is this Author's opinion that the term has been coined solely by same and occurs for the first time in common usage as you see it here.

Due to its somewhat recent introduction among the intelligentsia, it's connotations and denotations remain as yet, not totally defined.

Therefore, any subsequent use will only serve to further it's proper and accepted meanings and/or usage.

You have the Author's express, written, permission to use the Term in any format written, spoken, or otherwise.

YKW

Last edited:
Serious question: what is the probability that ATA will still be flying the Hawaii service from PHX in 6 months? I have a relative who has a reservation out of PHX 6 months from now.

Thanks for any serious respones.

Magic 8 Ball says:

"Outlook Unclear. "

Jimmy The Greek says:

"Fifty-Fifty."

ATA Management says:

" All is well. remain calm. There will be NO Furloughs."

It's like Vegas....Ya' puts down yer' money and takes yer' chances.

Personally, I would get a refund, immediately if not sooner, and re-book on someone else.

Thats as serious as it gets.....Hey, do you think those really big birds circling around up there know something we don't?

YKW

Last edited:
Now, now. Someone will be flying those airplanes on those routes with those people on them - I think the bookings are safe, if not for any other reason than SW doesn't want a problem.

It's not a lack of financial backing that's the problem, it's ineptitude and questionable business decisions that will cause turmoil for the employees. The flying public, though, I think won't detect any changes.

Latest resources

Back