• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The new Airtran merger symbol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's great for situation Music- and I honestly don't want you to spend less time at home- but that didn't answer my question- how many AT pilots have delayed upgrade for QOL? You have 1600 pilots, there is surely an answer in there-

No one did bc you didn't pay FOs well enough to ever turn down an upgrade- until we bought you-
Wrong answer. Thanks for playing. No bonus points for you.

Prior to the announcement on 9/27, there were approximately 31 bypassing upgrade scattered throughout the upper tiers of the list. I had to go get an old seniority list out of my office this morning. So yes, we most certainly DID have bypassing pilots.

Not everyone has your "money above everything" philosophy. Just the way it is.

You guys are pissing off this whole pilot group.
Congrats.
Welcome to the club. If you'd have been at the meeting yesterday, you'd have seen that the vast majority of our pilots are pissed off, too. The MEC asked ATL P.D. to have an officer present for the meeting because of the lashback they've been getting on this, he lurked in the back all day. Thankfully everyone remained professional, but it sure as hell got heated quite a bit throughout the day.

Our people aren't happy, either. I know you don't get it, but it doesn't change the reality that taking a 30+% hit on your seniority when you're already making a comfortable living, and having threats and innuendo hanging over your head if you vote No doesn't do much for fostering good will.

In the end, I agree with other posters: a large bump in seniority and fewer protections, continuing to give you guys the upgrades would have been an easier pill to swallow. You'd have gotten the money from upgrading on time, your QoL doesn't change, and we'd have been able to keep *SOME* of our Quality of Life, even though our senior F/O's wouldn't upgrade on schedule.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... we'll see what happens around 2:00.

Lear,

Save the angst for Mr Fornaro and Mr Kelly...you will meet the latter someday and he is the one with the checkbook...

Nah, there won't be any angst on my end after this. Besides, most of it is on OUR end for not having a minimum bottom line for our MC not to come back with. Even YOUR BoD had that... our MEC didn't give them any direction; if they had, we wouldn't be voting right now on a Seniority List that not ONE of our reps says is "fair or equitable".

If the MEC passes this to us, we'll all vote our conscience and live with the decision of the pilot group. I don't think the presentations from the road shows will be fair and balanced, the MEC as much as said so yesterday in open session, which will probably sway the vote here and that'll be the end of it as far as I'm concerned. My work ethic and personal life attitude doesn't let me stay mad and miserable, that's no way to live.

See ya on the other side. ;)

Latest resources

Back