The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Saw... Revisited

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NuGuy said:
Speaking of stupid crap caught on video...did anyone ever catch the video of the Arrow with one of the main gear stuck up? These guys then started low and slow passes over the runway with a couple of dudes in a car giving chase, with a guy hanging out of the sunroof trying to grab the stuck gear.

On the 3rd try the dude got ahold of the gear and pulled it down (and it locked!). The Arrow landed safely. Talk about getting lucky....

Nu
...is that in the ATP PTS too???

-mini

NuGuy said:
Speaking of stupid crap caught on video...did anyone ever catch the video of the Arrow with one of the main gear stuck up? These guys then started low and slow passes over the runway with a couple of dudes in a car giving chase, with a guy hanging out of the sunroof trying to grab the stuck gear.

On the 3rd try the dude got ahold of the gear and pulled it down (and it locked!). The Arrow landed safely. Talk about getting lucky....

Nu
Does anyone have a link to this video?

flying chickens!

my friend just got, at the time, a brand new jeep cherokee. he deceided that it was time to test out his 4 wheel drive so we went to a wooded area with some small, but decent trails. as we neared the end of the trail we drove through an area that was treeless, about 200 yards in length. off in the distant i saw an animal of some sort. stupid me i thought it was a deer and my friend deceided to take a closer look. as we got closer i changed my mind and said it wasnt a dear b/c it had wings. even closer now and it was a chicken! being college students at the time, we deceided to somehow kill the chicken with the jeep and have one of the best dinners of our college life! we began to chase the chicken in an attempt to feast like kings! finally we had the chicken cornered, but it was still running. and then it happened! the chicken reached rotation speed and began to fly! craziest thing ive ever seen!

groundpointsix said:
Does anyone have a link to this video?
I remember seeing it on like 20/20 or one of those type shows. It was probably "filler" on a slow news week.

At the end of the story, they caught up with the PIC of the Arrow. I seem to remember he was a FO at CAL when they found him. Heh, he didn't seem too happy that they had dreged up this story.

Nu

NuGuy said:
I remember seeing it on like 20/20 or one of those type shows. It was probably "filler" on a slow news week.

At the end of the story, they caught up with the PIC of the Arrow. I seem to remember he was a FO at CAL when they found him. Heh, he didn't seem too happy that they had dreged up this story.

Nu

RealTV (a dead show) played it once. It may come up on the re-runs that are played on SpikeTV.

Latest resources

Back