• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The MCO Non REV Monster!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDX jumpseat on MD10/11 should be available for some of you now. We also fly out of TPA, MIA, and JAX. Some flights go to EWR or IND, so you won't necessarily have to pass through MEM. UPS may also be available now--I'll defer to the Brown experts on that one.

My latest option...for sale...1962 Rangemaster. 5 rooms w/view. Get's to grandma's in 1.8 hours, to in-laws in 2.0, to MEM in 2.5. Cost...quite a bit more than the the obligatory non-rev cookies. Benefit...priceless. Go when you want (watch the wx!), leave when you want (watch the wx!), but your attitude when you roll into your hub is completely different. Make going to work part of the joy of your life, not a burden.

Rangemaster will make MCO-JFK in 6.1 hours with IFR reserves. Better yet, buy 3 in a club with 5-6 commuter pilots and share costs and pool rides. You could have 2-3 flights going both ways each week at a reasonable price. See Navion Society for details on plane. If you just have to go faster, you could do the same thing with Comanches or Bonanzas. I like the low cost of the Navion for the performance and the ruggedness and STOL characteristics, but other older planes with good club support can be found at relative bargains too.

My rangemaster is currently on the market. You can buy it for 2.7 million dollars. If you want a nice one you can find one (that isn't mine) for 70-90k. Whatever you get...get a good pre-buy.

Advance info on actual Passenger Loads

Thanks for all the reply's uunfortunately I am stuck with MCO DAB MLB to commute from.

One of the main problems for anyone trying to commute is the 4 hour rush from gate to gate seeing if we can get on a flight..I know we have the NON-REV nework and Passrider web sites to pull up and print out all the flights between city pairs, but we dont have the ability to see which flights are really full and forget about it verses the flight we really have a chance on.

Are we stuck with the airport run-around going around bothering already busy gate agents? Does anyone have a better way short of calling every airline?

Maybe someone from F9 or DAL/ASA can comment on the loads out of ATL to JFK...I might be able to run out of DAB/MLB to ATL.. Just a thought..

come on, now bring on the creative ideas....

OK, here's a creative idea. Try DL Song for 5 nonstops, most timed head to head with B6. If you strike out there and the ususal DL hub connections in ATL and CVG, head down to gate 60 and the Delta Connection flights. All are operated by CHQ or CMR, and will take unlimited jumpseaters. While not published as connections, the timing works well for going through GSO and RDU and connecting to a flight to JFK. That's all on the DLC carriers, you may find even more by looking at citties with AEagle or other service into JFK. Good luck..

..CT

I commute every week out MCO and TPA. It is actually not that bad. I have been doing this for quite a while. But then again I am going to MKE and not JFK. Go ahead and try to hop on B6 or DL, they are the easiest from JFK.

SYX328

I commuted from MCO to CLE for a year and a half and never missed a trip. I could ride in the cockpit on CAL and that saved me about 40% of the time. Stressful, and didn't make it home a few times when I only had a short time to do it. So I moved.

chperplt said:
The problem you're going to find is that most airlines won't take an off line dispatcher..

Not true.... Most airlines will accept an off-line dispatchers. Done it on numerous carriers, numerous times.

Only a couple that wont.

No problem chperplt.....I found that most pilots are unaware offline dispatchers can catch a ride. When they check the FOM, most are suprised to see Dispatch there.

Thanks to all the crews that take time to verify and get us where we need to go.

SO who does not take DX

homerjdispatch said:
No problem chperplt.....I found that most pilots are unaware offline dispatchers can catch a ride. When they check the FOM, most are suprised to see Dispatch there.

Thanks to all the crews that take time to verify and get us where we need to go.

Homer , you are talking about geting a seat in the back right? I was wondering who you have run into that will not take Off line DX, it could save me some time for sure...

Thanks for shareing your experiences.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back