The MCO Non REV Monster!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

Ok, I really need to some F-A-S-T help here, I have exhausted all my contacts and still come up with a bad answer to Non-Rev home and to work out of MCO.... I am told forget about it....it could take 6 hours to do or worse you wont get out at all!

I realize MCO is home to the attractions.....

I realize that JB just opened a new training facility there as well....

All these factors make MCO what is today, the Non Rev Monster...

So how do you folks from MCO do it, is there some secret way? I am a dispatcher as most here knows, after 9-11 and the advent of the CASS most of us are locked out of flight decks but our own company....

My company does not fly here, any suggestions, real answers and help would be appreciated, its not looking good for this great new job....and it starts soon...

thanks in advance,

(go ahead Homerdispatch, fire away....I know you wont be able to resist this topic)

What about DAB, TPA and MLB as options? I know these are not as convenient, but with summer approaching and schools letting out, we all know what the loads will look like to MCO.

Sun Country is very generous with their non-rev and cabin "jumpseat" options. Try them.

Destinations are limited (MSP only, I think) but you may be able to get out of MSP easier than MCO.

Where are you trying to get to?

On a lighter side, a good friend of mine always says to me (in regards to non-revving)..." 'Spinn', Sometimes you need to go north, in order to go south, and you need to go west, in order to go east."

Of course, he's been known to go through SEA in order to get from IAD to MSP

Last edited:
www.flyi.com

Independence takes unlimited jumpseaters. 4 flights/day to IAD and some non-stops to some smaller Southern cities.

Take advantage while we're still around.

Well the cats out of the bag

Right Now I am trying to go to JFK....this my problem with the jet Blue training comment....

I have looked at DAB, MLB, TPA, GNV, SRQ.....all of it is a long drive for a few flights in areas where alot of senior pilots live and will bump my tail right off the plane.....MCO has the quantity of flights, but the Loads are just nuts...

I need to hear from a SWA folks as well...for commuting as well...

thanks

Last edited:
From 10 years of first hand experience..........

Commuting off line, to or from the state of FL, is a major PIA, and it has been for years. I reckon that about half of the airline pilots in the US live in FL!

Commuting on your own airline is usually better, but not much........

I now drive 3 hours each way, and it is far less butt pain than commuting on an airplane was on the best day.

YMMV

I commuted out of MCO for 10 years and it has always been a PITA. After 9/11 and the loss of the UA & DL jumpseats when we "went our on way" it became downright impossible off line.

I gave up and moved to another FL city and have the ability to JS online and it is still a struggle with full flights etc...

Having said that, give us a try at FlyI. Gates 41 & 43 in MCO. We are very liberal with the cabin JS passes. Even UAL pilots are welcome (really)!

MCO-IAD shouldn't be too bad, but IAD-JFK is all RJ and really full. Good Luck....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back