• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The making of a Delta flagship

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They should have come up with a brand new paint scheme that preserves some elements of Northwest.

Delta's current paint scheme.....yawn.

They should have come up with a brand new paint scheme that preserves some elements of Northwest.

Delta's current paint scheme.....yawn.

Um, didn't you see the merger happening after Delta came up with THIS paint job? Pretty obvious. A lot of red on tail with the crooked widget, one side pointing to the NW.

Um, didn't you see the merger happening after Delta came up with THIS paint job? Pretty obvious. A lot of red on tail with the crooked widget, one side pointing to the NW.

um, that paint scheme came out in late 2007, well before the intent to merge announcement. One would think that an airline would make sure that a merger is approved before changing the paint.

No, it isn't obvious at all. The widget just happens to be at an angle. Even if that was the intent, it's a pretty lame effort as there is zero suggestion of anything reminiscent of NWA.

Last edited:
um, that paint scheme came out in late 2007, well before the intent to merge announcement. One would think that an airline would make sure that a merger is approved before changing the paint.

No, it isn't obvious at all. The widget just happens to be at an angle. Even if that was the intent, it's a pretty lame effort as there is zero suggestion of anything reminiscent of NWA.

The plans for this merger were in place WELL before late 2007.

They were probably in place on the Bankruptcy Courthouse steps.

Nu

Heck of alot better than the gay-pride beach towel.

I distinctly remember seeing the new paint job for the first time, shortly after it came out. My first thought was, "wow, looks like an NWA tail".

The plans for this merger were in place WELL before late 2007.

They were probably in place on the Bankruptcy Courthouse steps.

Nu
NO,NO,No, NuGuy! I say the paintjobs were strictly pre-merger! -And as such, should have been enjoyed only by the pilot group that "brought" them to the merger! You will be flying around in one of those fancy new paintjobs some day soon, and you will have the DAL pilots to thank for it! -In fact, I believe the arbitrators gave you guys a paintjob WINDFALL!!!!!;)

Look at the hits NW has taken: -lower pay because of loss of time-and-a-half above 80 hrs, more favorable trip duty rigs, but a "B" scale on the rigs until 6 bid periods after SOC, (18 months from now)- "B" scale on company DC contributions, loss of all 747 freighter flying by the end of the year, loss of Narita flying to the DL 767ER, a much more rationalized DL seniority list (because of the recent displacement) where the widebody flying at DL is not so "junior" anymore, and....it seems like there was something else.....Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....-thousands of younger and more senior DAL WB pilots waiting in the wings to soak up all that NW attrition, and gobble up any and all new A330 flying that, if by happenstance in the near future, offers up it's very alluring and enticing, European-flying-out-of-ATL-and-JFK-with-a-horizontal-sleeping-facility self. It wouldn't have been this bad, but no, you had to go for the "home run" -you just had to have the benefits of OUR new paintjob, that we bought and paid for before this merger. And now I understand you're bringing DC-9s out of the desert and THEY will even have OUR new paintjobs!!...some guys get all the breaks....;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back