Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Opps,

How did THAT slip in there?

Yep-AAI has been posting profits for a while as has DL, WN, but not VX (whoops, one of the things is not like the other.) Next!

Note to moderators and webmaster....charging people then kicking then off is close to ripping them off. Are you willing to give me a refund if I want leave?
Cometman isn't permanently banned, he's just in time out for not being able to understand the idea of personal attacks not being allowed.

Last edited:
I think your logic train derailed. Why do you think DOH matters pre 1992 (which is the wrong date I think anyway) but not post 1992? It seems that you think it has to do with when AAi began in its current form. Why does that matter? If you think relative is "the only fair way" why do you carve out some section of the seniority list?

Actually, you're right. The real date is October 26, 1993. That's the first day Valujet turned a wheel. So, here's the logic. All SWA pilots employed BEFORE that date should be placed on the seniority list. Air Tran (Valujet) didn't exist prior to that date, so to place any AAI pilot on the list prior to an SWA pilot employed before that date is a seniority windfall.

Then you take the remaining pilots, determine the ratio between remaining SWA pilots and AAI pilots and ratio them together.

That's the ONLY way to avoid seniority windfalls.

So if Delta bought Virgin America then all the Virgin guys would keep their seat?

Of course. That's what no bump/no flush is all about. The Virgin guys would keep their seats until they voluntarily bid out of their base. No Delta pilot would be allowed to bid into a Virgin base unless there was an opening created by either a proffer or expansion of that base.

The same applies to SWA and Atlanta. Unless the AAI guys bid out, SWA pilots would be unable to bid that base unless there was expansion, retirements or proffers due to AAI guys bidding out.

God, this is all so simple if you take out the greed and envy. Of course, not being either an SWA or AAI pilot I don't have a dog in the fight.

But then neither does an arbitrator.

Actually, you're right. The real date is October 26, 1993. That's the first day Valujet turned a wheel. So, here's the logic. All SWA pilots employed BEFORE that date should be placed on the seniority list. Air Tran (Valujet) didn't exist prior to that date, so to place any AAI pilot on the list prior to an SWA pilot employed before that date is a seniority windfall.

God, this is all so simple if you take out the greed and envy. Of course, not being either an SWA or AAI pilot I don't have a dog in the fight.

You sir just explained the merits of DOH- Congratulations!!!
Now only if the xBox generation would get it too, problems solved!

Then you take the remaining pilots, determine the ratio between remaining SWA pilots and AAI pilots and ratio them together.

That's the ONLY way to avoid seniority windfalls.

Seniority is not the same thing as longevity.

Fuj- the most junior AT guy was hired in apr 08- Swa- = oct08
Are you ok with every AT FO ending up senior to CJ?

Fuj- the most junior AT guy was hired in apr 08- Swa- = oct08
Are you ok with every AT FO ending up senior to CJ?
Conversely, are you OK with every sw fo senior to the last guy at at?

Latest resources

Back