• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The logic of relative seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is absolutely no logic to realitive seniority, especially when the parties a not equals..

Kinda like Virgin American merging with American. Your gonna tell me that would be logical? No way.

Similar, the Southwest/Airtran merger is the opposite ends of the spectrum. Just the way it is.

? Your post makes no since. ?
Southwest embraces DOH, that is the point!
USAPA embraces DOH, see the commonality?

And for the billionth time USAir was not going to liquidate, the financing was in place to give to AWA and bring them under the USAir umbrella.
Our union is negotiating right now to put us up there with Delta and United and I am sure we will be above that. We will get our retro and snap back and we have our date of hire after the appeals court ruling. Life is so very good for this east pilot!

Man, you really are on crack. I remember watching the CEO say US Air will liquidate if no suitor is found. He was talking from DCA I believe. It was on the morning news. Mysteriously at the same time they were financing the purchase of AWA? Wow. The CEO must have just been mistaken? Get over it buddy, you were out of a job. No matter what you recreate. I saw him on the TV. Not anyone else, or hearsay, it was the CEO.

One thing I will say about ALPA, the first quarter you guys and AWA came out of the merger there was something like a $300 million profit. Why ALPA, or the pilots a US Air didn't set the brake and demand your retirement back will always be a question to me. It would have stopped all of this. You guys have taken it in the shorts for so many years, I was amazed it didn't happen. ALPA National does suck. It will be dealt with in the long run, but the individual pilots could have taken that by the horns also.

You've got to get over the US Air was in great shape though, I just can't forget that guy on the news saying it was over within 30 or 60 days.

There is absolutely no logic to realitive seniority, especially when the parties a not equals..

Kinda like Virgin American merging with American. Your gonna tell me that would be logical? No way.

Similar, the Southwest/Airtran merger is the opposite ends of the spectrum. Just the way it is.

Career expectations, B737 Capt., are the same.

Airtran pilots have an expectation of
Much quicker upgrades. It's not
Even close to being equal.

Senior Airtrans First Officers should have
Their upgrades protected.

You're right. Air Tran was a growing airline with fast upgrades. Southwest was not. Air Tran pilots got hired by interviewing, not by buying their jobs.
Air Tran pilots should have a higher seniority than southwest pilots when this thing pans out.

Dude, this thinking will lock this process down where you sit with your existing pay rates till hell freezes over. Sorry if this happens, SW pilots will fricking freak out, and this will never see the light of day.

Don't worry, it will never happen. Most likely:

1. No bump/no flush
2. Pre-1992 SWA pilots on the list
3. Ratio the rest

Easy, squeezy, lemon peasy.

Not to mention the expectation of a strike, low pay and lousy management!

neutral arbitrator.. fair and equitable..
let both sides give their case, there are merits to both. weigh it out, make a decision and move on. whatever happens, lets not turn this into usairways part2.

Your career expectations are satisfied by coming under our contract (superior to Captain pay under your contract).

Protecting SWA pilot career expectations is much more difficult, but is required for a fair and equitable solution.

Latest resources

Back